My Flyaway Came Home 5 weeks later

This looks pretty good an not a bad idea to attach to my quad just in case. Do you think it will interfere with GPS or anything like that?
I checked out the Trackr and it does not work on GPS so it would not work for this.

I was looking at this too until I read that it's Bluetooth based and only has a direct range of about 100 feet. The long range location it does is based on other people who's phones have the Tile app "seeing" your tile by chance and reporting it's location. Don't think it's very viable for RC.

as far as GPS trackers go i use this with a att gophone sim card. so i pay about 10$ every 3 months, it works well although a little big under the circumstances i works great. there when i need and not there when i dont. last about 4 days on one charge. all text message based with google maps as a user interface. can also alert you once impct has happend so that you knwo when the MR has hit the ground.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spy-Vehicle...hicle-Tracker-TK102-MINI-TRRACK-/281036010777

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
as far as GPS trackers go i use this with a att gophone sim card. so i pay about 10$ every 3 months, it works well although a little big under the circumstances i works great. there when i need and not there when i dont. last about 4 days on one charge. all text message based with google maps as a user interface. can also alert you once impct has happend so that you knwo when the MR has hit the ground.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spy-Vehicle...hicle-Tracker-TK102-MINI-TRRACK-/281036010777

How heavy is it???

Phil550

I've just bought one of these and it weighs 62g with the battery.
Where have you mounted yours - the top plate of my 550 is a bit crowded...

Thanks

Phil

I've just bought one of these and it weighs 62g with the battery.
Where have you mounted yours - the top plate of my 550 is a bit crowded...

Thanks

Phil

I have mine just velcro'ed to the landing gear front plate above the gimbal as i run my battery at the rear most part of the hexa. on top of the white velcro there in this picture.