My Customised F550 + Crane3

E-One

Realization of a Hexa DJI F550 Custom for light embedded video l (3.5 kg all inclusive).
Board camera SONY CX 730
Gimbal Gaui Crane 3
No software stabilization
Steady shot on the active camera position 1
Battery 5000mA 4S
ESC 30A reflashed SimonK

Flight time 7 min.

It should be noted significant problems of compatibility between the Naza FC Gaui and originals BLS servos delivered with the Crane 3.

View attachment 8859View attachment 8860View attachment 8861

Best.

Marc.

Attachments

• F550c1.jpg
    F550c1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 262
  • F550c2.jpg
    F550c2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 261
  • F550c3.jpg
    F550c3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 285
Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Looks pretty cool. I'm building something very simular right now. What are you using for gimbal stabilization? Are those the 200mm landing gear?

E-One

Looks pretty cool. I'm building something very simular right now. What are you using for gimbal stabilization? Are those the 200mm landing gear?

Thanks Kilby, I use the Naza for gimbal stabilisation (i suggest you some analogic servos models to replace the Brushless digital servos if you plan to use the crane3 + Naza) and yes these are the 200mm Jackub landing gear.

Marc.:cool::cool:

Hey E-One,

I also popped out the BLS servos and put in some simple Hitec Analog ones. Much better. The NAZA Gimbal and the BLS GAUI Servos did not seem to get along quite well. What servos did you end up using. The Hitec ones are nice but I could probably upgrade a little bit.

Also, what do you have your Gimbal gains set at? Just wanted to compare as my craft is virtually identical to yours!

Best, Adam

E-One

Hi Adam, analog Hitec servos are now on my F550, waiting for a new Naza (BLS) firmware... My gains are 60 for tilt and 50 for the roll and happy with result...:tennis:

Best.

Marc.

Hi Adam, analog Hitec servos are now on my F550, waiting for a new Naza (BLS) firmware... My gains are 60 for tilt and 50 for the roll and happy with result...:tennis:

Best.

Marc.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. You say NAZA is coming out with some BLS firmware? Is this actually going to happen?

E-One

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. You say NAZA is coming out with some BLS firmware? Is this actually going to happen?

No i don' t really know, but i really hope so...!!! With the user's feedback they have about this problem, if they don't unterstand...! :black_eyed:

paktazh

Hi
Can some one tell me how to use 2 receiver with Futaba Radio I need one to control my Naza and the second one using it for Gimble since I want my Gimble to turn 360 degree because if I connect the gimble servos to the main receiver that I use for Naza then I wont be able to turn gimble 360 degree so I thought may be I should use 2 receiver but how to assign them so it works properly
Thanks in advance

what do the bls do hooked to naza?

JJJJJ...JJJJ..Jjjjjj...jitter.

I thought the firmware upgrade where you could change gimbal output frequency would help but it didnt. I dont think any of the selections matched up with the GAUI BLS servos.

I'm surprised they haven't come out with an update yet. I bet DJI has a lower-end hobbyist gimbal coming soon that works flawlessly with the NAZA...no point in wasting money in making a GAUI product compatible...who knows...

Jaybeast

I have the same frame and gimbal, E-One - which futaba servo do you feel is a good replacement for the Gaui servos? When I plug in the roll servo to the FC it simply buzzes. I tested it and know it works but doesn't react to the movement of the Naza. Thoughts? Thanks in advance