My brushless gimbal result

DennyR

I have Nex-7 with 16mm lens and also I have used the 18-55 on my Zen with some work. Both work fine if you balance in the mid zoom position.

anaka

I am pretty sure it can handle a CX730 or Nex5 ect no problem at all. The gimbal I am working on now the camera plate is 170mm. 5D size. :) Let us pray the motor can handle it.

cool! let us know more as soon as you finish it :)

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
I have Nex-7 with 16mm lens and also I have used the 18-55 on my Zen with some work. Both work fine if you balance in the mid zoom position.

Hey Danny,

So you think having the camera sliding back and forth about 30cm should be enough to balance the difference lens?

I have a friend who's into machining and we are partnering up. But darn it's hard to do this without the actual camera. I am worry about the memory card, I saw a youtube video where the card come out the bottom? Once you balance the camera, it would be a pain to remove the camera just to get to the card and have to balance it again...... am I correct? Or can you transfer video through USB like GoPro? :) Any suggestion or request speak now. :)

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

I would have to say that can only be determined but taking the camera and lens and seeing the balance point. I don.t think you should worry too much about longer focal lengths. Stay with very short focal lengths. 35mm lenses for example are very heavy. The method of outputting the video signal depends on the camera. Most are moving towards HDMI.

The wiring on a Zemuse goes through a wiper system so that the wires don't get wound up or effect the balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

ronncat

Did you happen to measure the resistance of the two motors you wound? I have several of the same motor and am planning to rewind them as well. I know we're shooting for 5-15 ohms between phases. Thanks.

GotHeliRC

:)

It almost work without controller ... just gravity. :)

Attachments

• 20130208_161957.jpg
    20130208_161957.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 446
  • 20130208_162019.jpg
    20130208_162019.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 369

Skysurf

GotHeliRC,

really impressed with the video you posted! Also looking forward to see how you progress with this new project.

Looking at the pictures above, it looks like the motor controlling the roll axis will be under a lot of stress. Do you really think that it will be able to support all that mass?

Best,

Jesper

GotHeliRC

The roll motor has been modify to a 5mm shaft and bigger bearings. It feel like it's still moving smoothly under all the load. But who know if it can hold under stress. Might have to attached some 30-50lbs fishing line from the camera to the copter... just in case. :D

3DJIM

Low Down Hucker
Awesome results, Cant wait till these are off the shelf :) Keep up the good work bro!

Jim.

GotHeliRC

I would like to know how many of you guys are interested in a Nex5 gimbal?

1. Are you using HDMI video out or small FPV cam? If using HDMI, how small of a cable can you get so it won't restrict the gimbal, can you get just the HDMI plug and solder super thin wire?
2. What is exceptable weight?
3. Do you prefer a ready to go solution or would like to wind your own motor?

jcmonty

1. Are you using HDMI video out or small FPV cam? If using HDMI, how small of a cable can you get so it won't restrict the gimbal, can you get just the HDMI plug and solder super thin wire?

Any chance of making it a bit larger - i.e. for a Canon T2i or GH3? Then I would be very interested. Even making it scalable I think would appeal to a large number of people. The tricky part of course will be the motor selection. Your motors look pretty beefy though, and with a well balanced gimbal.. who knows?

I, for one, am not looking forward to winding motors. So, a ready to go solution would be ideal.

GotHeliRC

Yes, should have the ability to change certain part to adapter different type of camera, for say Nex5, Sony CX... ect.

anaka

i'm more interested for GH2 GH3 cameras, once you can life them you can lift also nex5 nex7 and so on...
It would e nice to have a DIY solution as well and maintain the weights as light as possible
The HDMI out would be a good thing if you can do something similar to Z15 logic, maybee you can use the MINI converter that is very cheap and works well

zuby

Im really interested in a couple of these ASAP; even in beta stage. Please advise: paul@zubrys.com

hugh4g

Wind your own motors.... Please... Pass the bottle!

am happy to do a lot, but winding motors....... Watching this with ananticipation keep up the good work

Hugh