Muti rotor on film crew

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
wow Dave, I'm really sorry to hear that. I was pretty happy for you up to that point in your post with the progress you're making on the sim.
regarding the sim, turn the heli around once in a while and learn to hover it over a spot while it's facing you. i still can't hold one spot perfectly but i'm getting better and it really adds to overall ability to fly around and stay oriented.
good luck with the employment situation.
Bart

matwelli

my boss left a message on my cel phone that he's laying me off, after 25 years with the same company. I helped build this company and did all the design work on it's product and marketing and now this. Sheesh! Dave

That is disgusting, laid off by cell phone message. good luck with your job hunting

Hi all
Thanks for your well wishes. The lost job will be a good thing. The guy was impossible to work for anyway. Never knew from one day to the next how the company was doing. I've got a couple things in the wings. Back to the sim. I used the term coaxial to describe tail rotor types and I realize now coaxial is the Helimax EZ which I find pretty easy to fly. I've also flown the Bell H13 (Bell 47 for civilian types) and am slowly getting the hang of it although most of my landings result in an expensive sound followed by a push of the reset button. I find any of the tail rotor types inherently unstable and I can never trim them to hover more than just a couple seconds. I guess that's SOP. If you guys say the Helimax EZ is the one that most closely translates to multi, that's what I'll concentrate on. I did notice that the EZ has very little roll controll. I mostly get where I want to go by yawing it and pitching it (although it doesn't actually appear to pitch much, just "scoots" that way. I imagine the multi's have much better roll and pitch response. Is that true? How is their yaw response compared to the Helimax EZ? Thanks for all your input. I'll keep crashi... I mean flying!
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
dave,
the coaxials are fine but keep working on getting good control of the others like the Huey and Bell 47. Eventually you'll even show competence with the Dominion 3D and start thinking you need to buy an RC heli but back to the point, keep at it. Try hovering without moving the sticks, just lean the weight of your fingers against the stick so you barely move it. I'm finding I'm getting better and better at hovering by using the least possible amount of stick displacemtn but making a gazillion little inputs.
I'm only ahead of you with this stuff by six months or so and never bothered flying the heli's in the sim before that.
Bart