Multirotor & Gimbal on 2.4Ghz

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question. Is it ok to have your multirotor receiver Rx on 2.4Ghz (say Hitec) and gimbal receiver Rx on 2.4Ghz (say Spektrum). I know that it's a bad idea to use 2.4Ghz on your video Transmitter VTx because the transmitter is sitting next to the reciever, therefor I use 1.3Ghz and sometime 900Mhz. But what with the gimbal? Should that be on something like 72Mhz or is 2.4Ghz ok? after all they are both receivers and both do signal hopping. although the Hitec does do telemetry.

I ask because I was thinking of using my DX7 as my Gimbal Tx and my Aurora 9 as my Multirotor Tx.

Thanks.

kloner

Aerial DP
2.4 rc control does fine together. doesn't even need to be different brands, fasst works good in this environment

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
This is what I thought.

I was talking to a friend who does AP work and he said that he was told to never have the two receivers so close to one another. But I was thinking that he might be confused with having a the VTx on 2.4Ghz. I know this is bad because the video is transmitting at 2.4 just few inches from the receiver will just swamp the receiver.

I'm using the telemetry on the Hitec, that shouldn't effect the Spektrum Rx either right?

Anyways, thought I would ask, got me thinking is all