Multiple receivers for FPV?

Yes.....a newbie question!

Can I have MORE than one receiver (on same channel of transmitter from Quad)?

1 for operator monitor on Transmitter
2nd on "Producers" ground station with recorder

Currently I'm working within LOS...but......have NO "Desire" (yeah...so far) to go beyond 1/2 mile.

DennyR

You can transmit a relay signal from your ground station to another monitor or take a long cable from the back of the monitor.
I cant see any reason why you cant use more than one rx station.

timmydjr

Yes.....a newbie question!

Can I have MORE than one receiver (on same channel of transmitter from Quad)?

1 for operator monitor on Transmitter
2nd on "Producers" ground station with recorder

Currently I'm working within LOS...but......have NO "Desire" (yeah...so far) to go beyond 1/2 mile.

I am building a Tarot IronMan 650. Wanting to use the FPV video when we stream live football games this fall. So i am wanting to feed the FPV video into the stream. I stumbled on your post looking for something else and was just curious if you got this worked out? I have not yet tried to split the signal but I think it should not be a problem. The main issue is that we are feeding HD video for the stream and the transmitted video from the GoPro FPV will not be HD so not sure how it will look in the stream. Time will tell :)

Figured this would be our version of the 1/2 time blimp fly over
icon6.png

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I am building a Tarot IronMan 650. Wanting to use the FPV video when we stream live football games this fall. So i am wanting to feed the FPV video into the stream. I stumbled on your post looking for something else and was just curious if you got this worked out? I have not yet tried to split the signal but I think it should not be a problem. The main issue is that we are feeding HD video for the stream and the transmitted video from the GoPro FPV will not be HD so not sure how it will look in the stream. Time will tell :)

Figured this would be our version of the 1/2 time blimp fly over
icon6.png

A receiver is just a device listening for a signal on a given frequency, you have as many as you want picking up the signal for whatever purpose. Exact same concept as TV or radio, broadcast a signal on a set frequency and anyone that wants to watch or listen only needs a receiver tuned to that stations frequency with a device to display or play the signal being received, the number of receivers in use is virtually unlimited. Transmitters on the other hand are limited to just one per set frequency, otherwise what you receive will be a mashup of gibberish from the competing signals.

Ken

haha49

you can get some of them that have 2 ports out depending on which one you use. I know the boscam diversity has 2 outputs and can take 2 attenas and switch between them. It's doable. It's just picking up the signal

kloner

Aerial DP
we use multiple transmitters and receivers on each aircraft.... if you want HD live feed, there is several on the market and more coming in the lower price points from places like DJI soon