motors for a 650m?

Tomstoy2

It's bonus time!!!

So, here is what I'm thinking.
I currently have an X/A Hexa, mt2216-900kv and 30a esc's, wkm.
I'm thinking of upgrading the frame to a CarbonCore h6 650.

Checking out the difference in the motor spec's between the Avotro 2814's and what I have, the 2216's actually produce slightly more thrust.

Checking in ecal, she says she will fly and give me about 12.36 minutes using my 4s 5000mah batterys with APC 11x47's.

This actually sounds doable. Later, I could swing some larger motors, but for now this would work for me until I get a better gimbal.

My question is,
What are peoples experience with around this set up on a 650 hex frame?

Looking or opinions,,, what works in what combo's?

kloner

Aerial DP
i have something similar am setting up now. the 2814 750 kv motors work killer. Mines 3.8kilo, carries 8000mah except i use 40 amp esc's and am settling on 12x8 props. 12x5 works, but not enough power. A friend of mine has a similar rig and his is settling on 12x6. To the best of my knowledge is a pretty common setup. With just simple flying around the house, i see 5 minutes and 3000 mah..... it seems to hover around 35 amps all dressed for the dance.... nex5, etc there is no gimble though

Those Leopard motors are almost here but the guy didn't get any 750kv like mine...... best $35 motor you'll find

i love this hexacrafter frame. it has these huge rectangular arms that are stiff like a board. i went from the softest arms to hands down the stiffest arms i've ever seen. the cc has a similar design, but squarish. Can't recomend it enough for that size

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomstoy2

A little curious, buddy. I know the h6 is set up as a + configuration. How difficult do you think it would be to make a template and drill out the frame to make it an x configuration?
Also, I'm going to need load rails. Do you think it is possible to add them to the bottom plate, or will the battery tray be too much? What about if I had tha battery tray perpendicular to the landing gear?
I guess I could make a short load rail on the front of the frame?
Just trying to work some ideas.

Double checking my numbers again, with my motors I'll have to stick to 10" props to keep the watts down. Where can I get these Leopard motors?

kloner

Aerial DP
depends how good you are with a drill. that is definately a downside...... the gear are kinda flimsy, maybee look into something higher end for the bottom anyways?

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brushless-motors/leopard-brushless-motors

there gonna be there..... you might email garret what the exact date is. what he's getting, etc

wonder what my number work out to? I think i'm suppose to be 11x5......12x8 is where mine was happiest. Whats nick got on that DW?