Hexacrafter.com Motors, ESCs, Batteries and Props

NsshB

I am in the process of building my own hexacopter from scratch. My booms are about 30" tip-to-tip and can handle a 13" prop. How can I find good compatible motors/ESCs/batteries/props that will work together at 5280' above sea level? Anyone have good experience with specific motors? Where to get them?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The weight will be a huge factor. I would suggest getting a subscription to eCalc ($5) and checking out other successful builds. You'll need to provide more details to get any good responses here. No one will be able to guess what the frame weighs , or what you're looking to accomplish (video, gimbal, FPV???).

Help us help you!

...and why not put your location in your profile so we know where you're at as well :)

NsshB

Thanks for the input. I have a subscription to eCalc and wonder how accurate it is. I live in Denver CO an hence that is why I put 5280' in my original post. I had been using eCalc to try to figure it all out but wasn't seeing flight times much above 4 minutes using the Turnigy Multistar motors. My frame weight without motors, ESCs, battery or prop is 670g. I would eventually like to put a camera on it and do aerial videography. Also looking for a forum where I can find out more about the different motors available and where to buy them.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
With some builds I've had eCalc be incredibly accurate. Within reason for sure. There is a place to input your altitude.

If the motors you're using in eCalc are giving you bad flight times, try switching them around to better your performance. That's where the program becomes valuable. Batteries, props, etc will all change/help. What is the Kv rating for the motors???