Motors at idle up to 50% throttle...how to fix?

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
I am building this copter, and flew it for the first time yesterday:
http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?20678-Airsight-4-A-Strong-Shouldered-Quad

This is my first foray into Naza land. I'm an experienced Mikrokopter guy.

Of note is that while the copter flew OK for a maiden, I have to move the throttle on the DX8 up to about 50% before the motors move above idle. Obviously this isn't ideal. Once up there, the copter actually handles remarkably well considering I haven't touched the gains or anything else after setting up with all the defaults.

The copter is using Avroto 3515 motors with the new KDE 35A ESCs and a 6S LiPo, Naza M V2 and Spektrum DX8 and AR8000. I have the radio set up to use the dial on the DX8 to adjust gains, although I haven't associated it with any gains. Should I just attach it to the throttle gain?

Thanks!

flitelab

That is how NAZA works, its to aide in takeoff so that people weren't easing into throttle and sticking in ground effect.

Only manual mode will give you direct linear throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
That is now NAZA works, its to aide in takeoff so that people weren't easing into throttle and sticking in ground effect.
Only manual mode will give you direct linear throttle.
Thanks! Kinda weird, but OK. ;-)

OK, so another related question: my mode switch toggles between Atti, Atti/GPS and Failsafe. I think that's how I set it up by removing the binding plug during binding. If I re-do the binding without doing that, will that upper position change from Failsafe to Manual mode? Otherwise I don't see how to get into Manual mode.

flitelab

You set what mode you want the bottom position to be in the assistant software. The right most/bottom item lets you select if its failsafe or manual when in that position.

Failsafe for the Rx is a different setting based on how your bound the receiver and where NAZA was set at that time.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
You set what mode you want the bottom position to be in the assistant software.
Failsafe for the Rx is a different setting based on how your bound the receiver and where NAZA was set at that time.
Thank you!
I find the documentation to be sorely lacking for this.
Is there a good writeup or video somewhere that walks through the various configuration options and procedures?