MK Sony Lanc-Ctrl OR Gentles gentWIRE-lancPRO

Maverick

Hey Everybody,

I'm after buying a Sony CX410VE and I'm wanting to have remote zoom, and probably remote REC and PHOTO as well.

So far as I can see, this is available in two options - Mikrokopter's version OR Gentles Limited's version.

https://www.mikrocontroller.com/ind...id=766&zenid=c1cd02d9f7bfb16c35f119f9e8763478

http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentwire/lanc.htm. (Product Reference : 142)

There is quite a big price difference, and I was wondering, have any of you got experience with either of these, or both perhaps...?

Is one better than the other...?

Which do you recommend...?

I already have the necessary adapter cable (VMC-AVM1) needed for the 2013 models, which I bought at £18stg, but MK are selling at €49.99, even though Sony Deutschland price it at €25.00

BTW, these are the exact same as you would use for the popular Sony CX730/740/760.

Please help me decide before I buy...

Thanks Folks!

Mav.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

Mav...
We've been using the MK LANC controller with a CX730 for well over a year now and it has done everything we've wanted. This was before the latest GentLed offerings which seem to match MK features now.
MK's latest version is much neater than ours with a proper Sony 10pin A/V connector( pity its now obsolete ! ) and convenient video out. This should save buying another cable to separate them out. It also comes with the vital indicator LED which has proven its worth on several occasions. We swapped the default red LED for a high intensity green one to differentiate it from any other indicators. Whether its worth another £20 or so is the only hiccup.
Personally I'd go for the MK.

andy

Maverick

Cheers Andy. Thanks for your input.

I was under the impression that the LED only came with version 1, not with V1.1....?

Also Andy, I have only one spare radio channel left on my Futaba R6208SB, is it possible just to use the zoom function only, and press REC on the ground, or do both need to be connected to make it work...? Maybe I might need to buy the R6014...?

Has any other of you guys experience with GentLed's version...? Feel free to chime in... ChrisViperM...? RTRyder...?

P.S. Andy.... In case you're looking the older version, I've found it here in France....

http://www.flashrc.com/mikrokopter/10553-sony_lanc_ctrl_camera_remote_control.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I could not get the Genled one to work but that ws over a year ago.. like Andy I have used the MK V1 with no problem.. I also got a v 1.1 by mistake from Flash RC and it does not have an LED included. Its on its way back tomorrow after I received a V1 from them on friday.

Dave

Maverick

I could not get the Genled one to work but that ws over a year ago.. like Andy I have used the MK V1 with no problem.. I also got a v 1.1 by mistake from Flash RC and it does not have an LED included. Its on its way back tomorrow after I received a V1 from them on friday.

Dave

Cheers Dave,

I wonder what the issue was with the GentLed one...? I see on their version, there is an add-on available using their AUX connector, for a 'Status LED' OR an audible warning through a GS. It's the "gentWIRE-lancLED".

Did you try contacting them...?

Mav.

ZAxis

There's no LED on the v1.1 !!! It's the single most useful feature... lets everyone know recording is underway, pilot and camera operator. They can then cross check and pick up on those inevitable lapses of memory.
Mav.. You can use only the zoom function but make sure you connect to the RX using the 3 wire lead so power goes to the interface.

andy

Maverick

Dave

Dave,

Is it not visible from your LIVE view, that the Sony is in "REC" mode, without the need for a separate LED...?

Mav.

gentled

Dave,
Can you email Gentles Limited (email on web-site). We are very keen to understand why customers have problems so we can get them working, we are sorry you didn't have a good experience with gentWIRE-landPRO
James

Maverick

There's no LED on the v1.1 !!! It's the single most useful feature... lets everyone know recording is underway, pilot and camera operator. They can then cross check and pick up on those inevitable lapses of memory.
Mav.. You can use only the zoom function but make sure you connect to the RX using the 3 wire lead so power goes to the interface.

andy

Thanks again Andy.

Does "REC" not show up on your LIVE view OSD...? Thus LED not necessary...

I have a strong temptation to buy them all to compare, and hopefully return the ones that I don't prefer...

Maverick

Dave,
Can you email Gentles Limited (email on web-site). We are very keen to understand why customers have problems so we can get them working, we are sorry you didn't have a good experience with gentWIRE-landPRO
James

I have e-mailed your website James.

Maverick

Hi guys,

I've just had a reply from Mikrokopter regarding the MK Lanc-Ctrl V1.1 - you CAN add the LED to V1.1, no problem. Just use the pads LE+/LE-

Mav.

Maverick

*REFRESH*

Just thought I'd refresh this thread again for you guys in the different time zones, that aren't in your beds, like I should be.

Has anybody used GentLED's version of Sony Lanc Control...? GentWIRE-lancPRO...?