Mikrokopter Mikrokopter, New Firmware 2.06, 9 April, 2014

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
fwiw, i just tried linking Output1 with Servo three to see if I could make a servo arm move with the Output pattern but it didn't work. If anyone happens to try it and figures out the trick, I'd love to see it work.

bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
fwiw, i just tried linking Output1 with Servo three to see if I could make a servo arm move with the Output pattern but it didn't work. If anyone happens to try it and figures out the trick, I'd love to see it work.

bart

You did of course initialize the gyros before trying it, right? Servo outputs won't work until you do, BTDT when bench testing...

Ken

Bartman

You did of course initialize the gyros before trying it, right? Servo outputs won't work until you do, BTDT when bench testing...

Ken

i found that same comment elsewhere and it did make it work. expecting to get back to it tonight and to have it working. the new ability to map a servo channel to the output channels is a huge improvement for anyone doing photos via waypoint flights. it's so much simpler to use a servo channel than it was to rig a shutter release via the transistor-switched grounds and output channels.

frankly, i'm impressed with the continued development of the mikrokopter flight control system.

mephisto

It flies like charme. Rock solid PH on very strong winds, DPH smoother. In-Flight saveable single wp's (with telemetry) and much more.

what is your setup

It flies like charme. Rock solid PH on very strong winds, DPH smoother. In-Flight saveable single wp's (with telemetry) and much more.

hi
just wonderings what Is your setup is it full mk
what gps z setting are you using ( in altitude paramaters)

mephisto

My MK Setup:

Hexa FC 2.2 / NC 2.1 + ext Compass / MK GPS / Axi 2217/20 / Graupner Eprop 11x5 / 4S

Don't know about the Paramenters, they are default!

Bartman

My MK Setup:

Hexa FC 2.2 / NC 2.1 + ext Compass / MK GPS / Axi 2217/20 / Graupner Eprop 11x5 / 4S

Don't know about the Paramenters, they are default!

default settings will almost always do a great job. if there's any tendency for it to not be perfect when using PH in the wind you can put the GPS gain on a radio channel and adjust it with a knob or slider. it only needs to be a very small amount of adjustment but it can hold very well in winds up to 30 or 40 mph if you can adjust the gains for it.

fwiw, i'm running default settings as well and they work great.

Bartman

Finally flew it today with the new firmware and the GPS performance is better than ever. I was beginning to wonder what had happened to the GPS features as I wasn't getting the performance that I thought i had remembered getting in the past. Somewhere around 2.00 it seemed to get imprecise but it's definitely back. I was able to hover at about 300 ft in brisk winds and the helicopter was literally motionless in the sky as I shot photos.

View attachment 18009

Attachments

• 1-IMG_1125_MM2.jpg
    1-IMG_1125_MM2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 244

Bartman

nice mephisto! used MK equipment is a steal in the classifieds these days.

jrlederer

i've heard of people moving the compass/NAVI off the stack but haven't ever done it or had to do it myself.
Ditto, regarding offloading of compass to separate it from the stack...for those who have done this, what were your symptoms before, and/or what do you notice after having performed this "upgrade"? Is it worthwhile to do, regardless as to whether currently thereto appears to fly quite well, or were you guys (who've done it) attempting to resolve flight trouble that you could not otherwise tune out? Seems like a cheap upgrade (relatively) if it improves any aspect of performance noticeably!! Thanks for your feedback.

Jonathan

mephisto

1. Moving he Complete Navi is only required if you have the latest PCB Version without MK3Mag but internal Compass. Moving the MK3Mag only, if applicable, is enough.

2. It fixes all kinds of GPS Issues that come up, the heavier your MK get's. if you suffer from to much Magnetic Field Deviation under load, this will cure your Problems.

3. You can test if you're affected by holding your MK on the Ground, starting the engines and giving throttle. Monitor the "Magnetic field" value. in my case I had deviations of up to 35% (100$->65%). A reliable compass is indispenseable for a good working Navigation.

Common problems of Magnet Problems in conjunction with GPS is a too sloppy GPS PH, swing up while PH when it's windy and so on...

mephisto

I forgot: If you have a 2.0 or 2.1 NC you can use the tiny external Compass Module which is the best solution imho..

please help me if anyone can email me or even call me. I have a MikroKopter. I got it used. So I had no idea how to bind it. Well
My son fried my DX7 with a plug with to many volts/amps. Well I picked up a spektrum DX8. And have no idea how to make it work again.
PLEASE HELP ME.