micro 4/3 lenses

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Great thread, I’ve been trying to research this as well (new GH3) but a lot of the “photo” forums don’t help as no one is flying them!
So yea.. which ones?!

I use the 14-45 OIS with a ND filter on the front so you can keep the aperture at around 5.6, where the lens is at its sharpest. The image stabilization is great, you never notice it, and yet, you know you'd notice if it were gone.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I use the 14-45 OIS with a ND filter on the front so you can keep the aperture at around 5.6, where the lens is at its sharpest. The image stabilization is great, you never notice it, and yet, you know you'd notice if it were gone.

That is the lens I have as well. i am really happy with it. Mine came with a filter, but I didn’t even think to see if it was just a “protection “ filter or an actual filter.
either way, i am really happy with the results so far.

does anyone have a recommendation for a nice fat wide angle that would’t break the bank?

kloner

Aerial DP
with our first gh3 we got the 14-35 then i just got another gh3 and got the lumix 7-14 and so far really like it but haven't had it out much. it's not much about not breaking the bank though,,, another grand in glass, and no ios

Nobody flies any ef with a converter and no cinema lenses?

CineRebel

The lumix 7-14 is probely the best 4/3 zoom ever made in my opinion. Its Sharp from edge to edge, very Nice contrast. You will probely rune the lens trying to put ois in it.

kloner

Aerial DP
i love the way it looks. we had a magic slr on the other night, voigtlander and some other lens but we got axed so never got to see what they looked like from the air.

nikkysix

SLR Magic 12mm t1.6
Voigtlander noktor 25mm f0.95

the ones i love and use with my adapters on my GH2:
Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4
Helios 58mm f2

kloner

Aerial DP
spent some money on glass. went with the voigtlander 17.5 f.95, rokinon 16 t2.2 and the new panasonic 14-140 f3.5 - 5.6..... i sure hope the gh4 is mft......

SMP

Kloner et all did you ever settle on working glass for your GH4? Voigt 17 or the Rok?

Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I have just got hold of the Voigtl 17.5 f0.95. Seems seriously nice and I love the fact that the apperture can be made smooth. Haven't had a chance to fly it properly yet though but initial ground shots on this thing looked increadible. It is heavy though so if you are using the GH4 on a Zenmuse, then forget this lens.

SMP

Looking like this is a solid choice for cinema (like the Declicked and what looks like FF gearing.. Does it have hard stops?) Any AP choices out there?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
It doesnt have FF gearing but a FF gear ring fits nicely to it and yes it does have hard stops.

kloner

Aerial DP
the voightlander is my personal favorite lens,,,, makes any low light to no light shot possible, perfect infinity focus being at the end. the rockinon is actually heavier and it doesn't fit a gimbal very good, the focus gear hits the tray on my gimbal. but, day in day out work in crappy conditions we use the lumix 12-35 and 14-140 a lot. ios is a pretty big deal sooner than later when the winds pick up and kloner starts stick banging. smooths out the edges. lately i've been messing with more long lens setup, makes a bitchen look.... 14-140 makes it happen.... 70-100mm on a perfect gimbal is sweet

Never seen a multirotor hit the ground so hard in my life as this last crash, it took the m43 mount ring off the front of a gh3 when it hit and that voightlander lens flew at least 50' back up into the air..... it has a small dent and i'm still shooting with it.... made like iron

the very front of the voigt rotates to enable/disable de-clicked aperature.

daniel

Im flying the GH4 and the BMPCC with a Olympus Zuiko 9-18mm, and a 14mm 2.5 lumix....

olympus on the BMPCC is like a 27mm
olympus on the GH4 is like a 18-36mm ,

is the only wide angle lens/zoom I've tried, i would like the 7-14mm but is expensive....