Aeronavics / Droidworx Maximum take off weight

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know the maximum take off weight ...'MTOM' for an Ad8Hl droiworx Octo I cant find this information anywhere ???

thanks in advance

Matt

P.S. I am using axi 2814/22 heavy lift motors.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up hows u do'in?

I have the old DW spec sheet some where but I would think 6KG isn

Hiya Dave,

Yeah all good from my side I,m needing the info for my Operations manual ! Have looked everywhere for the old spec sheet and no joy. If you manage to find it please let me know. Also is there another meet planned ? Geoff mentioned something about that a while ago ? Hope your'e good mate chat soon

Matt

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
We had the meet.

Drop Linda and email at DW I am sure she will send you the old spec sheet

Dave

M

Martin Rhodes

Hi Matt

We run a Droidworx HLift OKto in our business with the same motors carrying a AV200/360 Camera mount and 5000 mah Batts . Without a Canon 5D hanging we are looking at a whisker under 5kgsView attachment 8319

Attachments

• Okto.jpg
    Okto.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 271

M

Martin Rhodes

Matt

Which only answers half your question. We work on max weight at T/O as 8 KGS with payload, that is what our OKT) is licenced in our Operators Certificate to operate at, but that is way over what we fly at (safety margin) You also want a controllable descent rate, in other words it doesn't come down like a ton of bricks if you are over zealous with reducing the power. It also is the max you would want to stress the frame and the mount, particularly if you have a bumpy landing. The Canon 5D plus a ninja hard drive adds about 2 kilos to the weight so in reality we are probably more like 6.5kgs at takeoff. Flight times if you are lucky are about 7-8 minutes, max. GoPros about 16 minutes, but production companies want 5D HD Video not GoPro.
To be honest 6.5 kilos is stretching it a bit structually & flightime wise, but a previous post said 5.7kgs I reckon that is pretty right.

Martin

Lanzar

Maximum safe takeoof weight is 50% off max trust avalible by motors.

So AD8 with 8x kw4 motors has about 2kg trust on 14x4 propelers on 4s on full trottle. So 8x2kg equals 16kg, 50% is 8kg so this is maximum that is suggested.
So total takeoff with bateries and camera and all would be 8kg. Weight you drone and you will see how much you are off.
Remember diferent props motors bateries give diferent trust. Most trust on axi and kw4 are more around 1700 to 1800g per motor

This is aproximate but this gives you enough power to sustain flight and even save the drone in some wind gusts or problems.

Matt

Which only answers half your question. We work on max weight at T/O as 8 KGS with payload, that is what our OKT) is licenced in our Operators Certificate to operate at, but that is way over what we fly at (safety margin) You also want a controllable descent rate, in other words it doesn't come down like a ton of bricks if you are over zealous with reducing the power. It also is the max you would want to stress the frame and the mount, particularly if you have a bumpy landing. The Canon 5D plus a ninja hard drive adds about 2 kilos to the weight so in reality we are probably more like 6.5kgs at takeoff. Flight times if you are lucky are about 7-8 minutes, max. GoPros about 16 minutes, but production companies want 5D HD Video not GoPro.
To be honest 6.5 kilos is stretching it a bit structually & flightime wise, but a previous post said 5.7kgs I reckon that is pretty right.

Martin

Last edited by a moderator: