M1 port doesn't work!

danproud

I've had as much bad luck as I think is ever possible with my Wookong! Firstly, I got a unit with a faulty PMU - so I sent it back to Robert and got this replaced (3 or 4 months later).

Now I've finally finished the build and setup the WKM to find out that M1 doesn't send any signal to the ESC. I've tested everything including using other M ports and they work fine. The motor, ESC and wiring are all perfect - I'm certain its got to be a problem with the M1 signal.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it possible I've got a faulty main controller?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Yes there have been reports like that a couple months ago. But i think to remember that it was due to a incompatibility of the ESCs. It is possible though the one of the M ports doesn't work bad soldering job etc. Which ESCs are you using ?

Boris

danproud

Thanks Boris. Using Turnigy Trust 40A ESCs. The other 5 seem to work great, which is why I think the ESCs are fine maybe. Even had all the props on, spun it up and tested in the 3 flight modes (without flying of course)

Just heard back from Robert and he's going to warranty replace my MC which is great. If this doesn't work, then I think its a sign from God that I'm not supposed to be building this thing!!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
That was the thing certain ESCs didn't work on specific ports. Something with the start impulse that the MC sends out and didn't seem to be the same on all ports. But I highly doubth that in your case. New MC is the best way to solve this and if you get the same situation with the new MC change the ESCs. An I it was the ESCs don't feel bad about it. They should have made a list of ESCs that work or not a long time ago.

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
there was something about powering up the esc's after the FC

What esc's are Turnigy Trust?