Looking for Camera gimbal

ovdt

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for used camera gimbal, it can be AV200, AV130 (with 360 pan kit) or any other camera mount systems compatible with either MK frames or Droidworx frames.

It can be used, brand new. I can pay with paypal.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

UAVshop

3 axis mount

Hello!

If you are still looking, I have a Photo Higher 3 axis gimble custom made for me by Kimberley Attwell a couple of years ago. Not new but not used - fitted to a frame that never flew and so it's now redundant.
Full details on my website:
UAVshop.co.uk

Alex

UAVshop

Hi Ovdt,

You're right it is fairly heavy at 870g, it was designed for a very large airframe (you can see it at the bottom of the ad on the website). It actually weight almost exactly the same as a current AV200 360 (about 40g more), and is designed to carry a heavy camera (up to 2.4Kg).
Bit of overkill really unless you want to carry an SLR or pro HD camera, but the drive is very smooth, and on a suitable machine the extra 40g or so will go largely unnoticed.

You started this thread a while ago now, what did you end up getting and how is it?

Alex

ovdt

Hi Ovdt,

You're right it is fairly heavy at 870g, it was designed for a very large airframe (you can see it at the bottom of the ad on the website). It actually weight almost exactly the same as a current AV200 360 (about 40g more), and is designed to carry a heavy camera (up to 2.4Kg).
Bit of overkill really unless you want to carry an SLR or pro HD camera, but the drive is very smooth, and on a suitable machine the extra 40g or so will go largely unnoticed.

You started this thread a while ago now, what did you end up getting and how is it?

Alex

I ended up building my own but it's taking some time :) I'm using a MD2 camera mount for now but it is just for stills; not suitable for videos. The servos provided with MD2 mount (Hitec HS225MG) are not strong enough for handling a Canon 550D with a Tamron 17-50 lens. So, I can use it only with Sony NEX5.

Until I finalize my build, I need a decent Camera Mount suitable for videos. I want to spend money on something useful and rigid.

UAVshop

My mount will handle a 550D no problem. I've tested it with a 30D, with a Canon 35 - 70 zoom and it was fine.
Unfortunately to properly carry and control the weight of camera you want carry, the mount needs to be strong and there's no way to avoid a certain amount of weight and quite a high cost.

Photo Higher are the only mounts that I know uses toothed belt rather than gear drive, although I notice they now use gears on the roll axis, (but I think that's necessity of design rather than choice), and for pan on some, but not the pro mounts. From a performance point of view, belts are the route to go for smooth motion if you can.

Painful in the wallet department though!!