Lightbridge - Futaba Telementry

roryhinds

Anyone know if you can you the Lightbridge and still get your Futaba telemetry?

or do you have to use the A2's built in receiver so you loose telemetry?

rilot

If you want your control to go over Lightbridge then yes, you will lose your telemetry. You can use Lightbridge as purely a video solution though, and continue to use your transmitter and receiver in the same way you do now.

roryhinds

thanks news to me. I always thought Lighbridge has to take over your RC as its drowns the signal so you have to run everything through the Lightbridge and hence loose 360 Pan as the cable has go from Camera to Lightbridge to A2 and you the gimbal operator has to be tethered to the pilot.

Where are you seeing and hearing you can use Lightbridge as a video only solution?

Tahoe Ed

I have set this up before for P2 users. 5.8gHz RC and the Lightbridge for video only. It works. You cannot use 2.4gHz for your RC though.

kloner

Aerial DP
you would need to go to an osd or ground station to capture it. could also go to 433 rc control.... but no telemetry. That's a relatively new thing

nileshafilms

Pankaj Sharma
Hi guys, I've skyjib 8 TI-QR setup with zenmuse z15 gh4 gimbal I recently bought lightbridge for it.
It works good with 2 operators but I find it little restricted to stay connected with lightbridge ground station cable all the time so I wanted to use it for video downlink only.
I asked about it to DJI people and they said that we could do this.
but when I ask this to ATI from where I bought skyjib, they said do not use other receivers while using lightbridge caz it can fly away, as lightbridge washes out other signals. And they have had few cases of fly aways.
Anyone here using it for video downlink only? Need your suggestions.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
You would want something like ezuhf to get the rc control off 2.4, on both aircraft and gimbal....

SkiesTheLimit

Instead of using the 2.4 for pilot control what would you use?

i am currently running the s1000/a2/lightbridge to send only video and control gimbal. After 20-30 meters i lose connection and system enters autopilot and returns to home point.

thanks

SkiesTheLimit

Thanks playa! [MENTION=1417]kloner[/MENTION] sick showreel... do you use a spectrum analyzer?

If you ever make it out to Hawaii, hit me up ill show you whats good out here...