Lifting Power Naza - Lite

rwilabee

I am having a strange problem. I put together a DJI 450 frame with a Naza-Lite, T-Motors 2212-16 750KV with 10 x 4.7 APC props. I am using a 4400mah 3S 65C battery. I don't get full power right away. If I hold it in my hand above my head the same thing. You can hear the motors picking up speed for about 15 seconds after starting and putting the throttle at full power. I am using one of those Hobby King ESC's with 4 in 1 rated at 20 amps per channel. I'm starting to wonder if that wasn't such a good idea and maybe I'll go back to 4 separate ESC's. I did the ESC throttle Calibration and also the Calibration in the Naza - Lite. Maybe the ESC is getting too hot out here in the desert - Palm Springs before it even starts. I've have used these motors before and they have worked fine. I have never used a Naza-Lite. Just WKM and Naza V1 and V2. This is also the first time using the 4 in one ESC. I am running a Futaba Transmitter with an FRSky Futaba compatible receiver in S bus mode.

I just noticed that in Manual mode I have full power right away. When in GPS mode is when I don't get full power right away.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

cootertwo

I'm having problems too, and they started with one of those "Spider 4 in 1 ESC's" Couldn't get the motors to start right with a KK2.1 board. Went to a Naza Lite, and motors start too high, even with it set as low as it will go, in the assistant. However, I'm getting the same results with different ESC's too. I dunno. I have 7 other Naza Lites going, and didn't have any problem setting them up.

rwilabee

I have been told that it is normal for Normal to have full power on Throttle up and for the GPS mode not to. That GPS mode is a much softer lower power take off.

Rich

kloner

Aerial DP
that's the main difference in a lite vs. v.2..... the imu isn't heated so they misbehave for a bit till they warm up. i used to use manual to take off then once was overhead i'd flip to atti, depending on how your propping is it can fall so you gotta raise the throttle to mid stick, it'd go up and you'd have to drop thottle to mid stick or your hover in manual is already dead on and all you notice is it self leveling.