Liability Insurance

kloner

Aerial DP
that is incorrect. illegal means there is a law and is prohibited..... unlawful means there is no law so it is not authorized.....

Actually the only difference between the two is the spelling. The two are synonymous.
You may be getting away with it and getting paid but that does not make it legal or OK.
It only puts you in bed with people who are ignorant of the law or are simply justifying the means.

I do not agree with the laws concerning the use of copters for commercial photography.
It's just a noisy tripod. The don't seem to mind tripods as long as they are grounded but fly it and,,,,,,
That said, I also believe I should be able to drive faster in some areas or own a machine gun or countless other unlawful/illegal things.
Because I do those and get away with it doesn't make it legal or OK.
(By the way, I don't have a machine gun but I'd sure like one.)

I believe the laws could be challenged and changed but our voice is not yet strong enough.

that is incorrect. illegal means there is a law and is prohibited..... unlawful means there is no law so it is not authorized.....

I see.
Well good luck with that if you ever get to test your theory in court.
Like I said, I see no reason for any laws in the first place.

kloner

Aerial DP
you mean the government that's shutting down, got it

we have had several meetings with the investigator that would look into us and he is retiring at the end of the year. if he comes aboard as a partner as we've discused i'll have him come by from time to time with real world "how it is" from a real been there and done that dude

Topflight

HU have actively covered libaility, not so much about the rest...... know a guy that filed a claim and they paid

Transport Risk is a killer company

What is illegal about what were doing? It is unlawful but not illegal, theres a very big difference between the two. here in 26 states i can legaly grow weed, brew beer, etc and it is illegal to some levels of gov, not so much to the states that have enacted laws to allow it, though not recognized..... this game feels alot of the same

I have been hired by state agency, federal gov and local gov, none have came back to kick down the door and they all paid.
Kloner,
Why is Transport Risk a killer company?

kloner

Aerial DP
Were alot of maintnance to stay on top of. Were pulling additionaly insured articles and insuring cameras constantly and they've never hung us up waiting. There usualy quicker than us. They als insure reds up to $50k, they insure airframes and gimbals to insured value, 5% deductable.....

Compared to others offering us as a market there a pretty bitchen company. not too expensive either considering. There also very involved in the UAV/FAA dilema