Latest addition to the fleet

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Just completed assembly of a new aerobatic quad, Kindjal frame, Hoverfly Sport F/C, 1000KV motors, 3S 2100 mAh battery. Did it's first flight on the concrete pad just outside the basement slider due that being th eonly place outside I could light up enough, wasn't able to do much more than get it up to about 4 feet in the air and move back and forth a bit, so far seems to be a winning combination.

IMG_1611a.jpg

IMG_1612a.jpg

Should be a real rocketship in a big field, overall it's slightly smaller than a Gaui 330 X, and weighs in at 680 grams RTF. Sometime tomorrow I should have a chance to give it good test flight...

Ken

juz

FPV pilot
now that looks like fun. Can you tell which motors and escs? please?
keep us updated

thanks mate
juz

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
now that looks like fun. Can you tell which motors and escs? please?
keep us updated

thanks mate
juz

The motors are Exceed Alpha 370 1080kv http://www.hobbypartz.com/alpha-370--1080kv--brushless-motor.html

The ESC's are Exceed 12A http://www.hobbypartz.com/60atoproelbr.html

Total cost per arm is roughly $21 for motor and ESC, nothing but the best on the little beaters ;)

Blimy Ken when do you get the time!..

I never sleep!

I have two more of these frames, one more in carbon and the other is a slightly different design in G10, I'll have all three built out by the end of next week. Biggest problem is to decide which flight controllers to use on the next two, I have a choice between a Quadrino and three different versions of the KK board though I'd probably only consider using the blue and red boards, not the original DIY version I have. I might try the CC board on one if it will play nice with the Exceed ESC's, not all boards do I've found.

Had the little guy out in the front yard late today after I got back from a 275 mile morning ride on the R1200 RT. Took a bit of tweaking to get it to where I wanted it but this thing is smooth and steady, the Hoverfly Board works really well on the small frame and in no wind it will hover hands off as though it had autoleveling which it doesn't. The yaw speed is crazy, and its just plain fast in FF, I can't wait to get it out to a big field where I can really toss it around!

Ken