KK 2..5 Board Question

genesc

I noticed today that when I turn TX on and plug battery into quad after arming the KK 2 board I get a slow beep after. Aux is on and it seems to fly ok. Battery is fully charged. Not noticing any issues with hovering.

Also I noticed when setting the min voltage on KK 2 board at 105 with a 3 cell battery it will continuously beep. So I left it a 0 on the setting and am using my TX timer now.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Gene

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I noticed today that when I turn TX on and plug battery into quad after arming the KK 2 board I get a slow beep after. Aux is on and it seems to fly ok. Battery is fully charged. Not noticing any issues with hovering.

Also I noticed when setting the min voltage on KK 2 board at 105 with a 3 cell battery it will continuously beep. So I left it a 0 on the setting and am using my TX timer now.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Gene

not sure about the beep - sometimes that means the ESC is not calibrated?

but what is the "105" that you reference for voltage???

genesc

I figuered out the beep and like you said the esc's were not calibrated. Took me a few days doing searches but I found the info I needed.

The low battery setting. I am using 11.1v batteries. I set the low battery setting on KK2 board to what I understand is 105 "10.5 volt for low warning. It will beep constantly at that setting when battery is fully charged. So I left the setting at 0 and no beep now.
Maybe I am misunderstanding the setting. Any help would be appreciated/

Thank You
Gene

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Right. That's the whole 1/10the volt thing. Seems like you have it programmed correctly. Maybe double check the wiring???

Attachments

• fEhTU1x.jpg
    fEhTU1x.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 380

Do you have a full charge in the 3 cell? 4.2v per cell for a total of 12.6? I have a 4S and I set my voltage warning to 140 and haven't had an issue.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Do you have a full charge in the 3 cell? 4.2v per cell for a total of 12.6? I have a 4S and I set my voltage warning to 140 and haven't had an issue.

I was thinking th same thing - but using the 80% rule, he should have had plenty of voltage left to prevent it from triggering the warning.

genesc

Yes I did and in fact I used three different batteries to check it and all 3 batteries were 3 cell 11.1 volt. I will check and tri again. But have been using tx timer for now and having a blast flying...:) I only have one 4 cell and it is a 5000MAH, to big for this build.

Thank you

Gene

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Yes I did and in fact I used three different batteries to check it and all 3 batteries were 3 cell 11.1 volt. I will check and tri again. But have been using tx timer for now and having a blast flying...:) I only have one 4 cell and it is a 5000MAH, to big for this build.

Thank you

Gene

Gene.

I think what Malik was pointing out was that any battery (3S for example), although called 11.1, would actualy be a higher voltage when fully charged. 4.2 x # of cells gives a 3S battery a starting point of 12.6. I still think that your initial setup shoudl have been OK for the 3S battery, because the 80% rule would say that it can drop to 10.08v. Better to play it safe and set it higher, as you did...when it works :)

genesc

Thank you Moto. On my second KK 2 build, using the same batteries at the 10.5 limit, it works fine. I think when I get a chance I will re flash the KK2 board and maybe that will correct it. In the mean time, I will keep having a blast flying and using my transmitter timer alarm. Hope there is not a law about having so dang much fun learning and flying these things...:)

Thanks again Moto for your input.

Gene

cootertwo

Hope there is not a law about having so dang much fun learning and flying these things...:)

Shhhhhh the gobment FAA gestapo may be reading this.............................:disgust: