Kilby's F800

Kilby

This is really more of a mod of my last build than anything. I originally built out an F550 that I made custom carbon fiber arm extensions for which pushed it out to a 650 size. I had Aeroxcraft landing gear and a frankin-gimbal on it that held a Canon S90.

You can find that build thread here.
http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?3790-Kilby-s-F650

I've tweaked the copter a good bit and wanted to put a new post up for it. I replaced the arms with the RC Timer extended arms so it's an 800 size copter now. I replaced the landing gear with something a little taller and have another franken-gimbal that holds an NEX5n (just for photos). I've got an hdmi converter and an FPV cam going into the iOSD before downlink.

It's still got the same Avroto motors and 40amp DYS esc's, but it's spinning 12x3.8 APC's now. I really like that combination of motor/prop. They seem to work very well on arms of that size. My only complaint would be that it doesn't want to come down as easily now. I have to lower the throttle a lot more to get it to descend the way it used to, but I think that is more about switching from the Graupner to the wider APC's.

Here is a quick shot right before it was all wrapped up. I've cleaned it up a little more since this photo.

View attachment 9453

Here is a side by side comparison of the stock arms to the new ones.
View attachment 9454

-Terry

Attachments

• 800.jpg
    800.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 469
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357238802.838590.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357238802.838590.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 393

VINHEX

Looking cool funny how a few things changed make it look a beast well done need videos to how she flys

kloner

Aerial DP
not coming down is usually a sign of over propped. whats the throttle stick position when it hovers in manual?

polcan99

Looks great! I want to build one now. I have a question... will this lift up a DSLR camera like the 7D and also do you have any POV footage from the camera while its flying? Want to see how smooth it is. Thnx!

Kilby

I don't have any onboard footage, this craft is being used only for still photos right now. When the new AlexMos brushless gimbals hit the market soon, I'll be upgrading to do video as well.