Just received what I wanted for a long time....THE PIRATEYE monocular video glasses

plingboot

I couldn't get on with the supplied glasses so i cut a hole in an Oakley Radar G30 "range" lens and use the PirateEye with the Oakleys - works great.

The lens tint is good for nearly all conditions - but considering a transitions lens, when i'm feeling rich.

Making a DIY lens meant i could adjust the position of the unit slightly to give an even greater view of the MR in the air.

Maverick

How many do you got? As I want one as well :)

Sorry Muunk, but these are the ones I bought last year. He only had one pair for sale.

You could try Simon @ firstpersonview.co.uk
He has the cheaper version for sale. They are made by the same company, and essentially are the same glasses, but don't have the clear lenses with them (just the tinted), or don't have the hard carry case - just a belt pouch.

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/video-goggles-screens/first-person-view-monocular-goggles

Maverick.

trec-r

Doesn't this mean you have to close one eye to look at the aircraft? Won't the lack of stereoscopic vision mean you lose depth perception?

Stereoscopic vision is only one of the ways our brains figure out depth. Stereoscopic depth perception is also most effective at close range. For longer distances your brain relies on the focal point of your eyes and movement of the object in relation to your own movement.

Tanate

My first glasses is monocular vdo b/w at that time it seem to be top advance. But after the colour normal one come out I sold those b/w.
I got this new type several day but no time to test it.
Today I have a shot to shoot from real helicopter. We need to put the camera out of the helicopter but my body just keep it inside of heli. The monocular glasses is help a lot.
In term of quality it perfect. The version we use is call hobby version, I wonder how about professional version ,it should be super quality or what?

I already happy with this one.
Soon I will test it with my Quard and will let you know.

netruner

Noob - every day
So I have 40 to 50% vision loss in my right eye - I would think I would need a set for the left eye? I dont plan on ever being able to use something like the dominator...

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Very interesting Chris, let us know what you think after you fly on it a few times. Most people washout of Apache helicopter school because they cannot fly with one eye and use the other eye to do something else, this is the same type of setup so I'm curious what it will do to your equilibrium.