jumpy, erratic flight

atpfilms

I posted earlier, but I'm reposting with some video that shows what's going on. Really hoping to smooth this copter out and eventually use for aerial photography. Anyone have any ideas as to why this thing is so jumpy?

http://youtu.be/YjvYnAfvSzM

Here is the list of things I've done already - balanced multirotor, balanced props, reinforced crappy rctimer booms, calibrated ESC's to radio, used remote gains to try to find sweet spot.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Don't tell me that is 2 5000 mAh batteries under that quad? Probably exceeding the weight limit of the quad and or the Naza...

atpfilms

Don't tell me that is 2 5000 mAh batteries under that quad? Probably exceeding the weight limit of the quad and or the Naza...

No. I had a bit of a hard landing and broke one of my landing gear. That is just a makeshift landing gear made out of a foam tube until my new landing gear gets here.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
But you are flying with a 5000 mAh? on top of the quad? if so it could be CG issues, or maybe just your gains are too high...

atpfilms

No, the 5000 mAh is below the quad on a battery tray. You can't see it because its between the blue tube. I've tried lower gains with the same results.

Mine is doing exactly what yours is doing, was fine in my old frame but twitching since I changed it, have you got a resolution yet?

atpfilms

Moneyhunster - what frame are you using/ ESC's/ motors are you using? Anything out of the ordinary about your build? Where did you mount the Rx? Just trying to see if we have something in common that might give us a hint as to the cause.

I bought a Droidworx cx4 v1 frame and torxpower motors and new ESC's, I mounted the receiver next to the main control unit on the wookong, I did wonder if it was too close together. I can't retest it until I get some new props as it dived into the bushes as the battery got low. :(

tstrike

pendejo grande
Are you guys using opto type esc's and if not have you disconnected all the power wires from your servo plugs on your esc's. All your solders are good? Props are all on tight?
And my most favoritist naza question of all, have you blocked sunlight hitting the naza directly, especially the sides?

Are you guys using opto type esc's and if not have you disconnected all the power wires from your servo plugs on your esc's. All your solders are good? Props are all on tight?
And my most favoritist naza question of all, have you blocked sunlight hitting the naza directly, especially the sides?

Think I'm using maytech 20a esc's from Quadcopters.co.uk
Solders are good
Props nice n tight
Clear cover on my wookong m, still waiting for my paint, can't be that can it?

atpfilms

I've been flying in ATTI. I'll try in manual. I have disconnected the wires from my servo plugs. Sunlight shouldn't be an issue. Naza is covered with a tinted shield. I think my solders are all good, but I'll double check. I have the Rx mounted on the underside of the quad and its fairly close to my power distribution board. Could this have any effect?

atpfilms

OK, just wanted to post this in case anyone else has this problem. I switched to 8 inch DJI props from 10 inch RCTimer carbonfiber props and now the thing flys like buttah. I guess it was just overpowered and the props were crappy, and the combo of the two caused vibrations which were over magnified by the Naza. Moneyhunster - have you dialed yours in yet?