Jeti DC16 unboxing

hexa

Thanks for this info plingboot.
This will save me a few brain cells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Esprit Model announced in Rcgroups that they have their hand on receiver software for ppm out on R) Rx for example. One of you any contacts to jeti or some reseller so we can get our hands on it ?

Boris

Dubliners

Tried to set up jeti on an s800 and I thought it was going well but it started going south, then my brain crashed so I gave up and will try tomorrow again. Man that was tough!! I ended up trying to delete the model and start again, but I couldn't reset radio to zero(clear all the mess ups) anybody in austin got a jeti yet??

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Boris, that is the fanciest consumer grade multi out there! I love the speech. Will it tell you when you are about to crash? :)

If Djiang Chinovoations decided to make an octo they might be on to something.

Dubliners

Lovely job Boris, I have the same set up except I have the Secraft gear. I need to get another receiver for the Zen, I'll have to ask you a few questions about how you did it. BTW - Your English is better than some of my friends here in the States : -)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
@ Iris Thanks ! I could probably program in some conditions that only get triggered when the bird is falling. Certain amount of altitude loss could results in her saying you are in the ****s !

By the way easiest way to generator voice for the DC 16 und play it in a Wav:

http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

quick sample for Iris :) http://192.20.225.36/tts/speech/c5a5f39e8954b01f800c850e3ae41f53.wav

@ Dubliners Thanks for the compliment on my english skills. Think is speak it better than i write :)

Aks me anything you want I think I understand it now and can help you with it.

My preferred setup for now its A RSAT PPM only for WKM and a R9 completely enough tradionation PWM servos hook up to the Zenmuse and the DJI landing gear. Both receiver in double mode and bound to the radio. The R9 Rx get programs so outputs 1 .... 7 are channels think it was 10 to 17. So any channel 10 to 17 I assign on the DC 16 i know will be handled by the R9 second RX. If the R9 could be setup to PPM and PWM out it would be even nicer since you would only have one PPM cable to the zen and one cable to the Landdinggear.

(edit) by the way setting up the DC16 into a one man show doesnt mean that you can't switch over to a two man operation. I just copied the s800 model and deactivated the double mode so only one RX for flying it bound. Second Radio is bound to the RX on the Zenmuse and takes over control. I think thats an advantage over the double mode compared to the slave mode but not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Still don't understand if all the RX out will be able to deal with PPM after the firmware upgrade or only newer models, but what determine build date etc, which ones are the new models or not no clue and Espirt is not really commenting on that !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp i am really happy about it. And the best which i really like is that they are working on it. FW get pushed out and they seem to have fun themselves developing new little features !

Boris

ramboman

Hello
Nice to find some friends
I have a DC-16, a Hex kit from HK, motors, esc and all the accessories and a HoverFlyOpen to stabilize...
Now I have to put all that stuff together.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hooking up the unisons module to the Jeti RX:

View attachment 9266

both unisons and GPS logger need V supply from the RX over the expander.

I smoked up the unisense and the GPS logger already though. Since if you disconnect the unisons from the Lipo cable after the Unisese, so you leave the Lipos cable on plus minus there will be a feedback from the unisense to the RX to the FC.
Actually the whole systems comes alive even my Zenmuse started spinning resulting in to much draw and both device smoked up. So take care to always disconnect the Lipo from the Unisense and not the unisense from the cable going to you distribution.

Telemetrie data of the unisense and GPS is set to german. So if you have it hooked up to the DC 16 and display the telemetry it will titel it with the german word. So height will be hoehe. I didn't do that yet but i think you can change it by configuring the unisesne the gps logger with the tools from the sm-modellbau website vie the USB cable that comes with it.

Attachments

• Unisesense.jpg
    Unisesense.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 291

plingboot

Finally got around to first testing of the unises-E telemetry sensor yesterday.

Initial findings are that the DC-16 is getting info from it but, 1: it's all in german and 2: the info is a bit 'odd'

The german language thing isn't a total issue, just need to learn what each word means. No idea if there's a language change option.

The 'odd' info is however confusing. At the moment an upward change in altitude (me running upstairs) appears as a decrease in altitude on the DC-16. Voltages are also appearing as minus readings (yes it's plugged in the right way round) and i don't seem to be able to find the 'mAhs used' reading.

I'm guessing that a firmware update is required (the is one available) - which needs a USB dongle.

I tried my castle creations dongle on the off chance but no luck, so just ordered one from sm-modellbau. Might be worth noting that if you're buying a Unisens-E.

Going to persevere with this unit though as it's a much neater approach than a number of jeti sensors and expander modules - especially in the wire knot known as an S800 centre plate.

update: just discovered that i can configure the unisens-e using a jeti box, but i can't update the firmware, so usb dongle still required.

Last edited by a moderator: