Jeti DC16 unboxing

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I don't see any need for the profi box anything that comes down through the telemetry channel is shown directly on the DC 16, Only if you want an external device to duplicated the info.

I will leave the OSD on for the camera man if i fly two man setup. But its not really necessary. Some additional info from the WKM system for example but not crucial.

You can go two ways for telemetry, the Jeti setup Current Sensor, GPS module, Temp and additional Vario sensor, if you don't trust the 3Dfix height info from the GPS module (think it does it that way and there is not any additional baro sensor in it) and to hook up all the sensors you will need an expander module.

A very nice and cheaper way and i don't think in any way worse since i know the products and they are high quality, is going with the unisons 2 way. Its a current sensor voltage etc and baro in one add a gps module from them and a little just a wire temps sensor and you are also set with the same info for which jeti needs a couple more modules. No expander needed and the Unisense 2 is hook up directly to your Jeti RX providing all the telemetry infos.

I will be checking out both systems

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmmm the way i understand it PPM out should work or ? manual and can be assigned to SAT /II ports with a jetibox

Out Pin Set: Relation of functions to individual output channels (pins) Y of the receiver.
-Set Output Pin: Selection of the output channel whose setup you want to show or change.
It is possible to add to a R10, R12, R14, R18 Duplex receiver two satellite receivers or further R10, R12, R14, R18receivers. In case of the Duplex R18 (R12) receiver it is possible to switch output Y17 (Y12) to the function Sat2 andoutput Y18 to Sat1. The output channel marked Sat 2 may be set to receiving mode or to generation of PPM signals.This function is of use in case of a bidirectional connection of several receivers or satellite receivers. The output channelmarked Sat 1 can be set to PPM signal mode only.

-Set mode SAT: on the Duplex receivers R9,R10, R11EPC, R12EPC, R14, R18 the outputs SAT1 and SAT2 can beaffiliated with following functions
-PPMOff: the particular outputisneithergeneratingnor receivingaPPMsignal
- PPM Input: the particular input is expecting a PPM signal of the connected receiver
-PPM Output: the receiver will generate PPM signals on output SAT2

-Set mode SAT: on the Duplex receivers R11, R12, R18 the outputs SAT1 and SAT2 can be affiliated with followingfunctions
- CH xx: the PPM signal on the particular output will neither be generated nor received. The output has the samefunction like the outputs Y1-Y16.
- PPM Input: the particular input is expecting a PPM signal of the connected receiver- PPM Output: the receiver will generate PPM signals on the output SAT2

plingboot

boris, the info i've had from espritmodels - they're the ones doing the dc-16 how to vids on youtube - has been to steer away from ppm as its slower than using the standard outputs..

i've also discovered that space is probably too tight in the S800 for the R18 rx - with it's vertical channel connections, so today i should be receiving a couple more R9's and an old style jeti box - which is still required for setting up cloning apparently- as mentioned above i'll be attempting to clone one R9 and assign the 16 channels between the two of them.

might post a vid if i'm successful.

had the back off my dc-16 yesterday to change from ratchet to smooth throttle - those cnc'd gimbals are just lovely.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
this statement from espritmodels that PPM is slow and its better to back off from PPM worries me a little. Sounds like support will not come. The whole MK scene was more or less using Jeti and PPM output (with the Rsats) and no one had a issue with the speed.

Hmmm tested it yesterday and the Rsats work no problem just with R11 that has a SAT II port and according to the manual it can be configured to ppm out with a jeti box i can't find the actual setting. Its states it in one part of the manual but the flow chart showing the setting possibilities for the different receivers when configuring it with a jeti box its missing again !

Strange, might have to get in contact with Jeti directly and ask them whats up.

Plingboot, did they give you instructions how to get the the two R9 into clone mode ? I was capable or pairing two RX with the DC 16 yesterday but didn't find a way to assign one channel to RX 1 or RX 2 etc. I didn't see anything related in the Jeti config possibilities.

Thanks Boris

I am not sure I remember how I did mine. I think it went like this:

Bind the no.2 RX. Set the mode to clone in the TX menus. Bind the RX no.1

Keep in mind the cloned RX will need a Jeti box to come back to regular duties.

In post 16 there is video about cloning but it's in french.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Isn't it something with double ? Added under wireless/ trainer etc. a second RX ?

Thanks

Boris

plingboot

i've got a text explaination from david at espritmodels, but i'm guessing actually tring it is better than reading about it. as soon as my extra Rx arrives i'll be on to it.

btw, not read back to see if i've already posted this but as mentioned before esprit are kinda steering me away from ppm, but when i emailed Jeti direct i received a one line reply saying NOT to use the regular receivers and only use satellites - i do however think language/translation issues have them confused and assuming multirotor means 'mikrokopter'.

i'm not touching ppm until i've seen a few others lfying expensive rigs without issue.:tennis:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hhhm RSat normal PPM and all the sensors are fine ! Working nicely. Have to get a Second Rsat to see if it works with two in clone more. One for WKM the other for the Zenmuse.

Have both Telemtry setups working jeit sensors and unisense 2 both working nicely but i am tending more towards the unisense setup.

The only thing that makes me crazy is that i can't get my voice output to work. Cant get voice info on the timer to telemetry check the how to video but its just not working. No voice trigger by the switches. Strange and i have 1.06 installed.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
It games updated, but maybe someone had their hands on it and made that mistake !

Thanks !!!

plingboot

boris, go to menu > system > configuration > and set sound profile to beep+voice

that should fix it.

what process did you follow to pair two receivers, clone and assign channels?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmm just updated everything again deleted all old even the config files and went trough the whole procedure again. hmmm not working i will call them up directly and hope one of them speak german or english.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
boris, go to menu > system > configuration > and set sound profile to beep+voice

that should fix it.

what process did you follow to pair two receivers, clone and assign channels?

Jesus got it. It wasn't the beep+voice part. It was already there and i was frustrated, but the issue was the for my users there was no language assigned choose enlgish and it worked.

No I didn't got the clone way i was under wireless modes/trainer and paired two RXs probably the wrong approach !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Okay managed to bind two RX to the DC 16. One is a RSAT connected to WKM and one it is a R9 connected to the Zenmuse, no connection between the two Receivers. I managed to control both the WKM and the zenmuse. The only problem that I have is that the R9 restricts the whole setup to a 9 channels system. I have to try to hook up the RSAT to the WKM and the R9 in a traditional sense to the WKM. Or there is a way to tell the R9 that channels 1-9 are actually 9-18 have to see.

I think the easiest way should be hooking up two RSAT one to the WKM and one to the Zenmuse. !6 channels that can be assigned this or that way, both connected via PPM.

Have two models in the DC16 for a S800 for example. One as one man operation were you have both RX bound and a second as a One man operation were only the WKM RX is bound and the second RSat to a different TX.

Think that could be a good approach !

Boris

Dubliners

I have very little RC experience and have been practicing with a sim and a 550 on an older JR. Im expecting the DC 16 tomorrow and wonder how Ill manage with a tray style radio, Im guessing I havent enough time on the others to form habits I cant break. Any thoughts on switching to a tray type? TIA Neville

plingboot

worked out how to use all 16 channels across two R9 receivers.
it isn't bloody obvious though!

first i bound the MASTER R9 to the S800 model
next i set up an empty model and bound the next R9 to that
unplug receiver powe and then reselect the S800 model and switch radio off.

next plug the clone R9 into the jeti box and apply power to the jetibox
once the jb has detected the rx
it's the following buttons: r,d,d,d,d, the display should read 'normal'
press and hold L until it changes to clone

i think the rx needs to be in clone mode before the next bit can happen.

then press: u,u,u,u to main setting, then r until you see 'out pin set'

next you need to go through each Y. Y1 is servo connection 1 on the clone receiver.
press d once to get ' setinchannel' and then keep pressing r to select the transmitting channel you want that connection to control.

so in my case, Y1 controls ch10 (ch1-9 are on the master rx) Y2 controls ch11 and so on.

once you've set one channel, press up once to select the next output pin in 'out pin set'.

its a bit like the loop process to set failsafe channels.

i set up a two position switch function for each of the channels i plan to use on the clone rx. then once i'd assigned the output pins i could test each one by plugging in a switch controlled led.

hope that's clear

Last edited by a moderator:

plingboot

this process is obvious when you've finally done it and the information is all there in the various documents, it's just that it's not communicated in a clear way.

it would be good if jeti had included a physical connection in the radio for receivers and a more developed 'jetibox' interface, to deal with this kind of set-up, as it's a bit clunky having to buy a jetibox and use that.

but i'm really nit picking. :)

plingboot

i paid £24 for my jetibox, so not a massive investment.

i'd say it's a must buy as it does stuff the radio alone can't do, like the above settings.