I've Seen the Light

kloner

Aerial DP
one time he was the only one in the world with 10x5 graups,,,,,,,i made an order, 5 days later i get a refund and a nasty note saying the site said they weren't in stock and why did i order. Went back to the page i got em and nothing about it anywhere... Guys kinda weird, but if they came through, he came through

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I got mine from RChelicanada, good guy good place. Another nice place here in Canada is Flitelab. You can send an Email to the guy at flightlab at almost any time and he'll get back to you within the hour.

paulb

I rebuilt my F450 yesterday and while im waiting for my Graupners I opened a new pack of DJI 10" props I had in my tool box just to test nothing else was damged.
These props where different to the props that had failed, they are thicker at the hubs. Is this a new design ? Has anyone tried these ?. Do they still Fail ?.

kloner

Aerial DP
I'd wait, but yea, just goes to show that because dji swapped out for v2 props back when i got into this in december 2011 that there still in kits. Some of this crap sits in warehouses, rides a boat to the us, takes forever. I always wonder when i get a frame or naza how long it's been there. Got a naza last week and iw ant to say the firmware was 1.6,,,,,,, were on 2.1 now....Dunno how long ago that was, but certainly not yesterday

I just got the Fire Wheel F550 Hexacopter and need to pick out some APC or Graupner props for it. I am not familiar with props specs so what do I look for, i.e., slow fly/pitch or other? Which I could find Graupner or Xoar props locally.
And should I choose 8 or 9 inch diameter or both?
I live at 3300 feet MSL/ASL so does the air at altitude affect prop sizing?
Finally there seems to be a mismatch between the prop hole size and the motor rotor shaft size... Do I need to drill a larger hole? If so there is a risk of drilling off center etc.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I just got the Fire Wheel F550 Hexacopter and need to pick out some APC or Graupner props for it. I am not familiar with props specs so what do I look for, i.e., slow fly/pitch or other? Which I could find Graupner or Xoar props locally.
And should I choose 8 or 9 inch diameter or both?
I live at 3300 feet MSL/ASL so does the air at altitude affect prop sizing?
Finally there seems to be a mismatch between the prop hole size and the motor rotor shaft size... Do I need to drill a larger hole? If so there is a risk of drilling off center etc.

I got my Graupners from RChelicanada.com they are great. Just send him and email and say you want the 10x5 for the F550 or ask him which ones they are. You can't go wrong with the Graupners, but you should know that you will need a spacer between the prop and the top of the motor as the Graupner's hubs are not as tall as the DJI prop hubs. I used washers that I got from Home Depot. Make sure the inner diameter of the washer is exactly the same as the diameter of the motor's prop adapter. I recommend bringing the motors to the hardware store with you and test the washers to find the washers that fit the best (not all washers are made exactly the same even in the same sizes).

Lastly, you can run 4s batteries with the Graupners, nothing get's hot and it flys more crisp.

hope this helps.

Dean NZ

Well "I learned today while waiting" for the LHS to get in Graupers that would fit/work......toasted the land gear, not happy !!
http://youtu.be/tmOCOMup4x8

:-( only found one half, clean break away from the hub, propr is approx 10 flights old, not previous damage.

I am running the 8" what are the best Grauper replacements ??

Attachments

• North Shore-20121215-00165.jpg
    North Shore-20121215-00165.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 229
  • North Shore-20121215-00166.jpg
    North Shore-20121215-00166.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited by a moderator: