It was fun

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
[MENTION=1417]kloner[/MENTION] I believe you was the first, you was testing my gateways out.. Thank you for that.

Do you guys think that there is a market for a shop that focuses on MRs only?

Good Question.
We have a young guy here in Tampa who is doing builds, parts, 3D printing and it looks like he's doing very well.
Blackbird FPV is what he calls it. It's not a standard hobby shop in a money guzzling strip mall but he seems busy enough.

SMP

I know Zach from Blackbird FPV well. Good Guy & Outstanding Build Quality. Highly recommended.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I know I am becoming notorious for my anti-china comments but this is another REAL reason why we need to be more aggressive as a nation and greatly reduce the flow of imports without balanced exports. In the end we are all guilty of buying the cheaper product even though we know it's wrong. But this is what happens, mom and pop/brick and mortar shops pay the price and cant afford to stay in business because 99% of buyers will go on Amazon and buy something from china. I realize the costs would be much higher to buy products made at home, but if you didnt have the option to buy garbage from china this wouldnt be apparent. So justify supporting DJI and Happymakelucky.com but in the end you are hurting your own people in doing so! t's sad that todays business model consists of thinking up a product, getting it made in China as cheaply as possible, then marketing the hell out of it online. I realize it's the way things are but it's so counter productive to growing our own economy. Look at Shark Tank, these guys are the masters of selling rubber dog crap shipped here in large lead lined containers. If all we care about is money then we will all lose.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I know I am becoming notorious for my anti-china comments but this is another REAL reason why we need to be more aggressive as a nation and greatly reduce the flow of imports without balanced exports. In the end we are all guilty of buying the cheaper product even though we know it's wrong. But this is what happens, mom and pop/brick and mortar shops pay the price and cant afford to stay in business because 99% of buyers will go on Amazon and buy something from china. I realize the costs would be much higher to buy products made at home, but if you didnt have the option to buy garbage from china this wouldnt be apparent. So justify supporting DJI and Happymakelucky.com but in the end you are hurting your own people in doing so! t's sad that todays business model consists of thinking up a product, getting it made in China as cheaply as possible, then marketing the hell out of it online. I realize it's the way things are but it's so counter productive to growing our own economy. Look at Shark Tank, these guys are the masters of selling rubber dog crap shipped here in large lead lined containers. If all we care about is money then we will all lose.

Could not have put that better myself....

I have even gone to the extent of offering start up companies to use me as an outlet, they would rather use ePay and places like that. Oh well, it is what it is.