is this setup good ?? first quad

trix

hi guys , this is my first post here :)

i was long interested in building myself a multirotor but always had some questions about the motor ,prop combination etc
but now i am pulling the trigger and i already ordered two kk2.1 and a f450 frame .

my question is are the rest of the parts listed here good to finish my build ??

OKD2830-111000 - D2830-11 1000kv Brushless Motor (USA War..$49.55415
OKF-30A - Hobby King 30A ESC 3A UBEC (USA warehous..$50.75235
OKTurnigy-HKLP - Turnigy Battery Strap 330mm (USA Warehou..$3.5018
OKT2200.3S.25 - Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack (USA Wa..$24.12454
OK9171000169 - 5.6mm x 6mm M3 Nylon Tapped Spacer (10pc..$1.0112
OKOR009-00503 - M3X10 Nylon Screws (10pcs/bag) (USA Ware..$0.8711
OKOR009-01502 - M3 Nylon Nut (10pcs/bag) (USA Warehouse)$0.8011
OKRX-9X8Cv2 - Turnigy 9X 2.4GHz 8Ch Receiver (V2) (USA..$9.1139
OK017000060 - 10x4.5 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 ..$11.01180

i was also thinking of getting 9x4.7 props and wondering about the 8x4.5 because i do have some 2200mah 2s batteries and wanted to connect them in series to try out 4s flight .

thank you guys and will appreciate the help .

p.s i also have a usbasp to flash my 9x to er9x and im going to flash the esc's with simonk

:tennis:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Welcome and good luck!

Hey there Trix! Welcome to the forum. I just joined here too, and am working on my very first quad. My parts list looked almost identical to yours (mine has a heavier frame - which concerns me a bit). Although I can't definitively say it will work, I am hoping it will :)

This is my full list HERE:

I think the best thing you can do is to head over to eCalc and plug in your data. It's an incredibly helpful tool that can give you at least a bit of confidence about whether your plan is going to work or not... Keep us updated on your project!

Scott

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Turnigy stuff, in my experience, is generally pretty good. I'm not sure I'd trust Hobby King ESCs, would rather have maytechs or some other simonk flashed ESC.

450 frames are pretty bullet proof. I don't like those KK boards, especially not for beginners. They aren't the worst you can buy, but you're very likely to end up getting a DJI Naza in the end and wondering why you didn't just do that in the first place when you see how much better it flies.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I forgot to mention that I did flash my Turnigy F-30A ESCs. It was very easy with the flash tool I got from HK, and the USBasp (we'll see if I did it right once she flies!). Everyone seems to rave about the improvements - so I just went ahead and did it first thing.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I have used those motors but you are much better going for a short shaft motor rather than these, the shaft's are very soft and bend easily, these motors also come with a collet type prop adapter, about the worse you can get for balancing.

For 4S you will want some better quality props like APC's, 8 inch props might be better as well.

The KK2 work fine, good place to start, read lots and look at youtube, heaps of info out there.

Pete

trix

thanks for the reply's guys , @motopreserve i already did some ecalc with that setup and it gave me about 8 min hover time so i am ok with that but will look for improvements
@rc flying me to had that mehh feeling about hobbyking esc's but when i heard they are one of the most popular and easy to flash and how much people are using them i decided to give them a go ,

i chose that fc because it seems very popular and for the price cant beat them but they are just for this 450 to train on . about the props i will sure look into those apc props ,heard about them tough and what are better motors in that same price range because seems like they are very popular for multirotors .

all this is just for my first multirotor , and i am a fast learner so hope things will go good ( it was getting dark outside when i finished my bixler and was begging to fly it so even when it was getting dark in the neighborhood i still called my friend and gave it a go all went well and was extremly happy :p )

my next built will be a s800 frame with apm 2.5 and sunnysku or tiger motors with more advanced stuff.

ps i live in curacao so everything is almost double the price for me $1=1.82 for me thats why i dont get the more expensive stuff right off the bat and have to pay shipping and import duties :(

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I am with you, in regards to spending less for this first build. While the Naza seems to get high praise, for a full-featured version I'd spend what I did for my full set-up (not counting basics like Tx, extra hardware, prop balancer, battery charger etc). This is my first attempt, and while I'd love to think that it will be a dream, right out of the gate, I am more realistic than that. This is a learning quad - and the fancy stuff will certainly come later...

Bummer about the exchange rate. Seems this hobby is expensive enough without adding that to the mix.

COMike93yj

Still Building!
+2

I'm with Moto as well on this one! I ordered a kk2.1 as well a week or so ago ( should have gotten a spare at that price) and seeing that this is a learning quad as well, I think it will be just fine!

I might end up with a different frame ...still trying to decide.

PS .... What transmitter are you using Trix???

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I am with you, in regards to spending less for this first build. While the Naza seems to get high praise, for a full-featured version I'd spend what I did for my full set-up (not counting basics like Tx, extra hardware, prop balancer, battery charger etc). This is my first attempt, and while I'd love to think that it will be a dream, right out of the gate, I am more realistic than that. This is a learning quad - and the fancy stuff will certainly come later...

Bummer about the exchange rate. Seems this hobby is expensive enough without adding that to the mix.

You can get the V2 piece by piece but it will cost more in the end but it will also get you flying with a good upgrade path. I have just ordered the PMU and Mini OSD to upgrade my second Naza V1, nice setup on my Disco and Disco Pro.

Pete

trix

thanks for the support guys , make the first one cheap so when you crash it the first few times you don't have to spend a fortune to repair and get out of the hobby :)

@moto thats it for me i have to almost double every price so that can be a pain in the b*** but remember when they eliver it in miami i have to pay shipping and import duties so that makes it even more expensive :(

@mike i was so happy when i saw the kk2.1 were in stock so wanted to order one before they get out so i quickly made a shopping cart and decided to see where luck brings me because i didn't know how much cash was on my cc so i just tried 2 fc with a threadlocker an it said ordered paid so i starte dancing in the house and had a ear to ear smile the whole day :p

and btw i am using the stock turnig x v2 but i am planning to upgrade it with er9x and a lcd backlight kit and a frsky module

@pete wold like to go naza but for 139 for the v2 only and 169 for the gps module that will cost me 308 dollars and that is 560.56 for me and that is without shipping to me and import duties :( thats why i am going the apm way

will keep you guys updated

trix

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Looks like you are well on your way. I have thought about ordering a KK2.1 to have as a backup in case this MultiWii FC kicks my a** and I throw in the towel. But patience seemed to pay off, and I made some strides yesterday with setup and configuration. It's pretty rewarding when you see things begin to take shape...

Good luck!