Is there really an advantage of 3S vs 4s for an f550

gencode

Is there really an advantage of getting a 2200 4S over a 3S, I assume since both are 2200 they both would give the same flight time but the 3S is lighter so seems as it should be even better flight time and give you more payload weight for other things.

kloner

Aerial DP
the 4s if setup right will make more watts with less amps. watts is amps times volts. it all depends if you need the power or not. it involves re propping to make work right, usually a size or two smaller like 8" or 9" depending on the load it carries

gencode

I have a f550 with Gimbal and GoPro and FPV so its pretty loaded up.
Guess it seems that if I went back to the 3S would it get me more air time since it will be carrying less weight?

the 4s if setup right will make more watts with less amps. watts is amps times volts. it all depends if you need the power or not. it involves re propping to make work right, usually a size or two smaller like 8" or 9" depending on the load it carries

kloner

Aerial DP
and it changes frequencies so it goes both ways. sometimes that makes your jello better, sometimes not depending on the hardness of the mount and how it matches the frequency. the heavier blade will make them a deeper wave...... ie. longer = heavier

thats a professional cure so none of it matters
https://vibrationmounts.com/eStore/...th=http://vibrationmounts.com/RFQ/VM08009.htm

and ear plugs are about the same hardness, matches a multirotor perfect. Ones a hundred, the other is $2

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
no question 4s is better all around. More power, more efficient, higher prop speed will show much less rolling shutter if none at all, better in wind.....

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
faster spinning props gives more vibrations

I'm not sure how accurate that is. My RC helis really show the effect of blade balance during spool-up, but as the head speed gets closer to flying RPM everything becomes very smooth. This holds true with full scale helis as well.

Jon

no question 4s is better all around. More power, more efficient, higher prop speed will show much less rolling shutter if none at all, better in wind.....

I agree, switched over to 4S months ago on my F450 and it was a huge improvement over the 3's, using 8" props with the 4S

-Don