Is my Gaui GU 344 gone bad ?

CopterCam

Hope you guys can throw some light on this problem............ was forced to call my back up Quad into action whilst I wait on a firmware fix to my UAVX.

It's a Gu 344 FC on a VC 450 frame with 25A Turnigy Plush ESC's to KDA 20-22L motors spinning 1045 props. Spektrum AR6100E Rx and 3S 5000 mah Zippy.

Has been performing well on this latest Golf Club shoot until last evening when I had one of those heart stopping attempted flip. I thought I detected some strange clicking prior to this. On the ground I noticed one motor a bit slow to spin and then it stuttered to a halt. I replaced it with a new one last evening and checked off the ESC settings and decided to recalibrate.

Now,............. I have a situation where motors 2 and 4 are working only. I connected each of the four motors to the Rx throttle pins and they all spin on command.

I am under pressure to complete this job as the Cherry and Apple Blossoms are disappearing before my eyes and the Aerial capture of this feature was a particular requirement .

Any suggestions ? Is it a likely programming issue or a problem with the GU 344?

Sid

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yo Sid.. are you sure the motor bullet connectors are ok. They may seem to look OK but I have has it where the outer sheath is ok but the inner wire is broke on one phase causing engine stutter then are OK then stutter etc.

I tried to use mine to get some footage of my ADX3 today after a couple of weeks with out flying and it sounds like a motor bearing has gone..grr.

CopterCam

Yo Sid.. are you sure the motor bullet connectors are ok. They may seem to look OK but I have has it where the outer sheath is ok but the inner wire is broke on one phase causing engine stutter then are OK then stutter etc.

I tried to use mine to get some footage of my ADX3 today after a couple of weeks with out flying and it sounds like a motor bearing has gone..grr.

Dave,

The connectors are OK, all four motors behave OK when connected to Throttle but only motors 2 and 4 spin when attempting take off ? Very strange.........

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
sid,
if 2 and 4 work normal and all motors work when connected directly to an esc, could it be the 1 & 3 channel of the motor controller that is inop? how are the motor commands sent to the motors? a common i2c like the MK's use? take a good look at the controller connections since the failure is symmetrical in a way. that suggests it's not the individual esc's or motors but something higher up the chain of command. Sorry I can't be more helpful but I'm just not familiar with the Gaui design.
good luck with it,
bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Give it some hard opposite right stick and see if the other two start. I get that sometimes.. The red light is on the FC and not green

CopterCam

Got it sorted Guys..........thanks for your help.

Had to pay a visit to a very useful Blog for the Gaui 330X. There are many helpful tips and instructions that don't appear in the Manual. It is necessary to return the EPA's to 100% prior to recalibrating ESC' which I didn't do and then the Throttle must be returned to 75-80%. This got all four motors spinning simultaneously and at the same time:)

Dave,
A friend had a flipping great time with his MWC Tri but it only happened when he was throwing it about and it was not Pilot error, on inspection, it appears some of his Bullet connectors were very loose. There appears to be a great inconsistency with the quality but he did admit to mixing male and female from different brands, easy to do when the motors come with Bullet connectors already fitted ?