Mikrokopter Is mikrokopter finished??

Macsgrafs

Nope! I didn't know what weight you were flying but I see now it is an SJ8, so now I see your need for something besides the BL's.

The downside to MK...they don't make a powerful enough BL & when you consider most of us use our MR's for photographic or film use, then w will be carrying more weight, therefore bigger motors, so its about time MK upped thier game as regards that aspect.

Bart, thanks for the info on kopterworx having larger BL's...will check them out, but not sure if my mrs to be will let me spend any more of her money without an increase in shoe allowance ;)

Had a look & can't find any BL's accept the MK ones :(
Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

jrlederer

Just noticing that no-one has made mention of the Herkules III boards for heavy lift necessity in conjunction with MK boards?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp Herkules II for MK
ESC32 for MK, but not capable for the A needed.
Ultra ESCS also have I2c 20A version 35 A version 4 - 6s

but 50a in general is a lot ?

Last edited by a moderator:

smartaquad

Hi guys!
Im flying an MK OKto XL with a CX 730 now with the MK gimbal.It flys good and can get prety steady footage from it if the wind doesnt exceed 10-15 kn on witch the copter flys good but the gimbal is not solid enough..heres my last video, it has no post stabilization, http://vimeo.com/56944551

On the other side, industry standarts require 5D or Epic quality.. I totally agree with the MK bl limitacion but before investing a large amount into a new choper or Hercules boards and 8 new motors I think Im gonna use the 12 motor, Hexa Coax configuration that you can see on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUjFpNjDElw

Regards

Pjtyros

Hi guys!
Im flying an MK OKto XL with a CX 730 now with the MK gimbal.It flys good and can get prety steady footage from it if the wind doesnt exceed 10-15 kn on witch the copter flys good but the gimbal is not solid enough..heres my last video, it has no post stabilization, http://vimeo.com/56944551

On the other side, industry standarts require 5D or Epic quality.. I totally agree with the MK bl limitacion but before investing a large amount into a new choper or Hercules boards and 8 new motors I think Im gonna use the 12 motor, Hexa Coax configuration that you can see on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUjFpNjDElw

Regards

Hi, on Friday I had a full day shoot with my Okto XL/AV200 360 lifting a 5D. The logs show a peak amp draw of 22 amps on one bl and that was with 12 flights, most flights the peak on any bl was around 16 amps, max temp 58 degrees. I find the Epic is now a little old hat and the 5D is finding favor with most film companies I am talking to.

Regards

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
concerning the topic dead. I don't know if you guys caught on to this but its official in the german MK forum, they are developing and already pushed out beta software for a Android based Groundstation app for waypoint flying. Addtionally to that they seem to be pushing out a bluetooth expander for the communication.

main.php

RangeExtender.jpg

Pjtyros

O waw! Whats the air temp? with my setup bl are runing at 70-80C and thats with a CX 730 and MK gimbal...
Air temp 10c , but notice that my BL's are open to the air, I use an open crash cage, if you use a closed dome the the temp goes through the roof.

Paul

smartaquad

Air temp 10c , but notice that my BL's are open to the air, I use an open crash cage, if you use a closed dome the the temp goes through the roof.

Paul

Yar, my one has a hole in the top but maby could do with a few more ;)
Nice set up by the way, I though that MK frame would be to bendy for AV200 + 5D. I just tied a cable around the end of the booms and it has totally knoked out the horizontal moves.,Have you stabilazed the footage in post?
Regards,
Alex

Pjtyros

Yar, my one has a hole in the top but maby could do with a few more ;)
Nice set up by the way, I though that MK frame would be to bendy for AV200 + 5D. I just tied a cable around the end of the booms and it has totally knoked out the horizontal moves.,Have you stabilazed the footage in post?
Regards,
Alex

Yes plenty of post stab etc, using the Skyline so until they sort the rubbish firmware then I just have to put up with it. My next build will use a Vulcan frame, they are very strong, and a Cinistar gimble/Radian. Photohigher will never get my custom again.

Regards

Paul

smartaquad

Yes plenty of post stab etc, using the Skyline so until they sort the rubbish firmware then I just have to put up with it. My next build will use a Vulcan frame, they are very strong, and a Cinistar gimble/Radian. Photohigher will never get my custom again.

Regards

Paul

Looks interesting that Vulcan frame! Yee, Cinestar is my dream!sun come!