iPad Ground Station Issues

Dizzane

Hey all I have the ipad GS and I am able to get it all going but the ipad software is not connecting to the ground station bluetooth. It sees it and I am able to type in my password but it will not connect. Any ideas? Is it an ios7 issue?

Thanks,
Duane

Tahoe Ed

iOS 7 has issues. If you cannot go backward. Then you are going to have to wait until Apple and DJI work it out. I saw something from DJI saying first of second week of October.

I'm having the same problem I think. It's all set up, updated, and everything is communicating, but the GS app won't go past the controller's password. Any luck? I do t want to learn how to use the PC version because it looks hard. If I have to wait a week or two, however, I may have no choice.

Tahoe Ed

The new GS app is now available and is optimized for iOS7. Those that were having issues should now be able to connect.

It's saying that simulation mode is not available with my btu and that I should use the PC for simulation mode. Anyone else get this?

Tahoe Ed

Right now I am not upgrading my iPad and staying with the old version until I get more comfortable with the app.

Kilby

Right now I am not upgrading my iPad and staying with the old version until I get more comfortable with the app.

DJI dropped the ball on this, big time. iOS 7 has been available to app developers for months now. They should have known about this problem long before the OS ever went public, and to be honest, they should have had an update ready to go for a zero day release. I'm an iOS developer at my day job, and I've been using it since June when they made it available. No excuse for this sloppy development cycle.

peterd

DJI dropped the ball on this, big time. iOS 7 has been available to app developers for months now. They should have known about this problem long before the OS ever went public, and to be honest, they should have had an update ready to go for a zero day release. I'm an iOS developer at my day job, and I've been using it since June when they made it available. No excuse for this sloppy development cycle.

HI,

New GS Support for iPAD iOS7 ..... https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ground-station/id600806978?ls=1&mt=8

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

jazzboy

Updated iOS to 7 as the GS page states "optimized for iOS 7" and now not only has it lost its sim, but I can no longer save height, heading, speed or time. The app has has been optimized to useless. I was counting on it for a job tomorrow and now the gig is toast. First a big surprise with my A2 (no waypoints yet) and now I'm "optimized"out of a well paying job. Thanks for putting out a well tested product DJI.

Last edited by a moderator:

soler

Does the ipad GS work with the A2? I have not been able to get it to connect to thevA2, but connects to naza fine.
Updated iOS to 7 as the GS page states "optimized for iOS 7" and now not only has it lost its sim, but I can no longer save height, heading, speed or time. The app has has been optimized to useless. I was counting on it for a job tomorrow and now the gig is toast. First a big surprise with my A2 (no waypoints yet) and now I'm "optimized"out of a well paying job. Thanks for putting out a well tested product DJI.

jazzboy

Tried the Naza 2 at the field with the PC version of GS and it performed absolutely brilliantly. Ran a total 16 waypoints, all with the same Lat & Long coordinates and each waypoint rotating 45 degrees for a panoramic shot of 8 waypoints and then down 5 meters for another eight.

Why on earth did they botch the iPad version when the Naza 2 performs so well. DJI almost seems like two companies. One that's frackin' brilliant ad the other that...well...simply isn't.

Tahoe Ed

I just tested my iPad mini with v6.1.3 and the first version of GS. It saved and recalled the mission along with the changes that I made when saved. I think that DJI still needs to do some work on the iOS7 optimized app.

jazzboy

I just tested my iPad mini with v6.1.3 and the first version of GS. It saved and recalled the mission along with the changes that I made when saved. I think that DJI still needs to do some work on the iOS7 optimized app.

Yup, 6.1.3 was fine. Fell apart after going to 7.0.2. Thank goodness for the PC GS. If only my A2 had its 50 waypoints........sigh.

Tahoe Ed

I feel your pain. I have an A2 as well. However we have no data link support right now. Neither for the prior 900mHz or the 2.4gHz or even the new 2.4gHz with BT. I would like to see both. I still have a 5 waypoint license that I paid for. Now my Naza has 16 for free and the hardware is $300 less. Times change. I am sure that DJI will have support for both soon. i am glad the PC application is working for you. I did not like it and used it very rarely. I like the iOS app. It is nice to have choices.

jazzboy

I feel your pain. I have an A2 as well. However we have no data link support right now. Neither for the prior 900mHz or the 2.4gHz or even the new 2.4gHz with BT. I would like to see both. I still have a 5 waypoint license that I paid for. Now my Naza has 16 for free and the hardware is $300 less. Times change. I am sure that DJI will have support for both soon. i am glad the PC application is working for you. I did not like it and used it very rarely. I like the iOS app. It is nice to have choices.

The iPad app is a brilliant idea that was rushed to market, particularly for the iOS7. The last time I saw a cluster f*** like this was really bad programs in the 90s, can't believe they released something like this. I still want my ShamWow from the North American CEO. DJI loose the dead weight now! The Chinese cats doing the development are brilliant I fear MBA marketing on this side of the ocean might be cause of such blunders. Which of the 500 employees was to blame? Dump them now!