Ignorance is not a defense

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
At least they are reporting the aircraft as a UAS instead of using the blanket, and incorrect, word "Drone"

baby steps to sUAS integration....baby steps to sUAS integration

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Amazing. So much for thinking the Phantom set will be the downfall. Even well equipped dudes are claiming ignorance...

Ronan

Almost every flight i have taken are under 400 feet, VERY little are above 400 feet and those are in closed airspace (i have permission to fly, nothing else is allowed to fly), so why 1700 feet?

That's almost double the height of the Eiffel Tower... heck it's taller than the Empire State Building!...

Must be some kind of dangerous fetish...

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
These ******** are the bain of my existence. They operate here in MY city. I have emailed them, confronted them everything.

I being a non-douche actually called the demo company and offered to film the implosion for free so I could get the footage for my reel. They informed me about the TFR. I said OK! If you have any cool explosions that do not have a TFR PLEASE call me, I'd be happy to give you footage for permission.

So I went to the bridge blow anyways.. because... HEY BRIDGE BLOWING UP!

And there are TONS of people, 3 helicopters (weird with there TFR) and I was like.. wow glad I'm not flying.. AND THEN as the horn sounds.. FROM THE CROWD out pops CAM's Phantom POS and flys right at the bridge. I got so F'ing mad.. I almost stormed through the crowd and punched these morons in the eyeball.

I tossed a GoPro ontop of a News Van, in the footage I cut out for length, you can actually see these ****s fly out of the crowd.
ARRGGHH I want to kill them! If I get time I'll grab that footage and post it.

Actually you might could see it if you look closely!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Man

What is the site that would allow for a search of these types of notifications???

The AMA tries to keep the big TFR info up to date and posted for modelers. Typically that's for those times when the president is flying in and out of places.

[h=3]Notices To Airmen (NOTAMs)[/h] "The following list of high-profile NOTAMs is provided as a courtesy to our Members. This is not a complete list of all NOTAMs. Official current NOTAMs are available from Flight Service Stations at 1-800-WX-BRIEF or online at:

Notices, restrictions, and advisories may change at any time and without notice. Do not attempt any operation in the National Airspace System without first obtaining and understanding a thorough pre-flight briefing."

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Good stuff. Thanks old man. I find the AMA site difficult to navigate - I think I end up ignoring half the stuff.

SamaraMedia

I can only imagine the "great" footage these fools got at 1700 ft with a Phantom. Wide angle from that height you would be hard pressed to see the actual bridge let alone the demolition.

Old Man

Good stuff. Thanks old man. I find the AMA site difficult to navigate - I think I end up ignoring half the stuff.

The flight service number is the best way to go because you describe your route of flight and the airspace that would impact you. There is a caveat. FSS deals with pilots and airplanes so you need to come up with a real aircraft tail number, like a Cessna 152 or similar. You introduce yourself as the aircraft type and N number and say your considering making a flight at such and such a time from point A to point B and you'd like to check the NOTAMs. You're not filing a flight plan just yet you see.....

Dewster

There's really not much to see above 400 feet, but like any new toy (think of sports cars) people will test the limits.

Old Man

With the props nicking the leaves of a tree the imagery from a Go Pro looks like it's 6' away from it.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The flight service number is the best way to go because you describe your route of flight and the airspace that would impact you. There is a caveat. FSS deals with pilots and airplanes so you need to come up with a real aircraft tail number, like a Cessna 152 or similar. You introduce yourself as the aircraft type and N number and say your considering making a flight at such and such a time from point A to point B and you'd like to check the NOTAMs. You're not filing a flight plan just yet you see.....

Good tip. Thanks.