I need a simple OSD w/GPS and voltage display

Skywalker

I bought one of those cheapo HK osd's($24) It came with an old GPS antenna marked 7/27/2004... I got it to lock one time, and the coordinates were 10 miles away! Has anyone had any success using a better GPS on one of these? I tried a LEA-6H and I didn't have any success. Im wondering if the LEA-6H needs a firmware change to accept the OSD??

I'm just looking for a simple OSD that displays voltage and GPS coordinates.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
The EZOSD is simple and works well. If you get the current sensor also, you can tell exactly how many mah you've used to maximise your flight times.

Skywalker

I looked at that EZOSD, it looks really nice. I already have a tx and rx that works well, so I was kinda looking for something a bit simpler and less $$.

kloner

Aerial DP
your not gonna find a cheaper gps enabled osd that works. if you want the truth, you need to spend a few more bucks on tbs osdpro to really get a killer unit that locks faster than i can get it in the sky. if you have a naza, the dji osd mini is nice, gps enabled, but no current, no rssi

the only cheap stuff not arduino based (apm) only has voltage and rssi if your lucky, some have current sensing but not many that work that i know of in that price point.

here is what a few brands look like
TBS EzOSDpro

eagle tree osd pro

og tbs core

disco pro ie new core pnp

if it was a plane, ruby

if your running apm, pixhawk that minim osd is pretty nice and interacts to get all that stuff up on your screen. don't have one but i watch em go from time to time

Last edited by a moderator:

Skywalker

Thanks for the awesome videos. I am using the Naza M v2. I have an arduino based OSD(MinimOSD), and am reading up on some hacks to use the Naza GPS. Has anyone tried this? Any success?

coreyperez

That is an interesting idea. I was almost thinking of doing the same (sorta same concept) with a Flytrex flight logger and a Naza GPS. Seems to me that the information it is logging (should) be based off the GPS and an internal timer of some sort. I figured (in my case) I'd only have to have an extra GPS puck and determine what lines on the PMU I would have to put power TO the flytrex (so it thought it was attached to a Naza PMU. I don't really know if it would work, or if there was extra information the Flytrex gets from the Naza FC, but it was a thought regarding trying it on my other KK2.1 Quad.

Corey