How to calculate lift?

SSR

Hey guys.

If anyone knows the formula or method to find the lift created by the motor/propeller combination then please let me know.
Waiting.........

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
There is a link on here somewhere to a web page that you can work it out.. Ill see if I can find the thread

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
SSR, go to APC's site. I believe they have lift values calculated for their various propellers with motor examples also provided. If you can't find the charts then just shoot them an email and they'll send .pdf files with the info.
Are you in Pakistan? Your IP address gives a location of Pakistan. What's it like flying RC in Pakistan? I fly over from time to time on commercial flights into India but would love to know more about the hobby in general in Pakistan. The mountains are unbelievably beautiful.
Bart

SSR

Thanks droider.
A guy on some forum give the link.
http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp
Are you talking about this?

@ Bartman.
First tell me what is APC?

Secondly yes i am from Pakistan(Karachi). It is right that there isn't much work going on on RC in Pakistan, but still there are many students doing there projects in that area and i am the one which is making my final year project(university) a Quad copter.
Well the mountains and other stuff in the northern areas are really beautiful but they are abandoned by the government.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yo SSR

How cool would it be to fly a multirotor up the Baltoro Galcier and turn it up and left in to Concordia to see K2 filling your lens.. Been there many years ago, Baltistan is an amazing place and amazing people!

No the link is not what I was thinking about.. I am sure if you PM matwell he will point you in the right direction. I think the link was in the thread Prop and more props

APC is a make of propeller http://www.apcprop.com/v/index.html

please post some pics of your project we will all be interested in what you are doing

Dave

Attachments

• K2.jpg
    K2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 247
Last edited by a moderator:

SSR

@Droider.

It would be wonderful if the craft flies......

Secondly that i have just selected the project and now i m in the phase of selecting the components. I will surely post my advancements as soon as i start building it.

Thanks anyway......