How Do We Fix Stupid?

SamaraMedia

F***ing MORON! Hate to say it, 'nother P2 "pilot", great he'll be legit for $300...smug smile on his face after retrieving it, too bad he didn't get dragged under the truck for a while. Use some law on the book and prosecute him.

Sorry guys, rough week. Lots of positive news this weekend and all it takes for the FAA to see more crap like this and well, you know. Maybe we could forward info about this clown to the FAA and alert them if he wanted to become certified they would already have a case against him, then again he could claim to be a hobbyist.

One good thing, looks like from the license plates it's not in the US

Last edited by a moderator:

navycut81

just to add some fuel to the dji fire. heres a video of a f550 flyaway resulting in a lady getting her arm cut by the broken props

but to the full credit of the guy atleast he posted the video so hopefully some people can atleast learn from his and the womans mistakes

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Did that F550 just not know when to stop or is it being thrown around? I don't really perceive when it is flying like a wreck and when it is being carried around.

That video really makes me seasick by the way.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
I know this sounds petty on my part, but nothing satisfies me more than seeing some lamer's Phantom being hit and then run over by Mac trucks and freeway traffic. Since no one got hurt in this incident, it just warmed my heart to see that damage.;)

I've taken a lot of chances with my F450 to date but never over people and never over traffic. Geez!:eek:

SamaraMedia

[/QUOTE]Actually @jwoike, those do look like U.S. plates to me. Not European. Maybe Mexico? Hard to tell.[/QUOTE]
The truck plates foreign to me, car plates I couldn't make out. Ditto on the crushing, glad someone didn't swerve after the thing ricocheted off the box and cause a major pile up. Guess he didn't compensate for the back draft of the trailer sucking him in.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
just to add some fuel to the dji fire. heres a video of a f550 flyaway resulting in a lady getting her arm cut by the broken props
<<snip>>
but to the full credit of the guy atleast he posted the video so hopefully some people can atleast learn from his and the womans mistakes
Full credit my a*s! This video is an order of magnitude worse than that posted by the OP. Then he goes through this wacky, "I'm a smarty pants" narration of the incident. This is exactly the sh*t that the general public is freaking out about and why our sport/hobby and/or profession is under fire. I mean, Jesus F**ing C***st!!:mad:

I hope someone reports this guy to both the local police and the FAA.

navycut81

Full credit my a*s! This video is an order of magnitude worse than that posted by the OP. Then he goes through this wacky, "I'm a smarty pants" narration of the incident. This is exactly the sh*t that the general public is freaking out about and why our sport/hobby and/or profession is under fire. I mean, Jesus H. F**ing C***st!!:mad:

I hope someone reports this guy to both the local police and the FAA.

Really Gary, I think you need to give your head a good shake!! How often do you think stuff like this happens?????? dji flyaways ect ect . most people just erase the footage and act like it never happened. This guy atleast owned up to his mistake. Ya it shouldn't have happened he shouldn't have been flying in a neibourhood, But how many of us are guilty of TESTING in there own backyard???? I could happen to anyone, atleast hopefully some people see this video and don't replicate his mistakes.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Really Gary, I think you need to give your head a good shake!! How often do you think stuff like this happens?????? dji flyaways ect ect . most people just erase the footage and act like it never happened. This guy atleast owned up to his mistake. Ya it shouldn't have happened he shouldn't have been flying in a neibourhood, But how many of us are guilty of TESTING in there own backyard???? I could happen to anyone, atleast hopefully some people see this video and don't replicate his mistakes.
Navycut81, this is how I see it. Yeah, the guy posts his silly little video and "owns up" to his mistake, but the gravity of what occurred here is beyond the pale. I practice in my front yard too, but not like that and always under control. If I wanna do something where I'm not sure of the outcome, I either go to the beach at sunset when there's no one around, or take the vehicle up to vineyards where there is absolutely no one around.

I know this stuff happens all the time. But as a father I was so struck and appalled at the close encounter with this vehicle and children that I honestly don't give a s**t about his mealy mouthed "own up." He was stupid to post this but even stupider to do what he did. I mean, geez. Look at the pressure our sport/hobby is under thanks to jackoffs like this guy!!

So I call them as I see them...especially in this current (pending) regulatory climate.

navycut81

I don't usually reply to myself. But I'm so upset about what this guy has done (talking about the 2nd video posted in this thread by @navycut81) that I'm reporting him to the FAA. If anyone is curious, I went here:

https://www.faa.gov/contact/safety_hotline/

LMAO your an asshole!!! put yourself in his shoes mr perfect. People like you are the reason I bought 86 acres, to get away from people like you who have nothing better to do other than complain about WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING, worry about yourself!!!!!

navycut81

Navycut81, this is how I see it. Yeah, the guy posts his silly little video and "owns up" to his mistake, but the gravity of what occurred here is beyond the pale. I practice in my front yard too, but not like that and always under control. If I wanna do something where I'm not sure of the outcome, I either go to the beach at sunset when there's no one around, or take the vehicle up to vineyards where there is absolutely no one around.

I know this stuff happens all the time. But as a father I was so struck and appalled at the close encounter with this vehicle and children that I honestly don't give a s**t about his mealy mouthed "own up." He was stupid to post this but even stupider to do what he did. I mean, geez. Look at the pressure our sport/hobby is under thanks to jackoffs like this guy!!

So I call them as I see them...especially in this current (pending) regulatory climate.

Oh I guess you got a majic DJI fc that wont flyaway because you know what your doing???????? right I didn't realize you can prevent it from flying away. Just a little heads up it can happen to anyone even, you mr perfect

Gary Seven

Rocketman
LMAO your an *******!!! put yourself in his shoes mr perfect. People like you are the reason I bought 86 acres, to get away from people like you who have nothing better to do other than complain about WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING, worry about yourself!!!!!
Thanks. I post my feelings about an egregious RC incident that effects all of us, and you stoop to personal attacks. Take a look at the posters and fanboys on that guys YouTube page. You would fit in well there.:(

navycut81

Oh and just to point out your little "im the police" is going to do nothing, except cost this guy a bunch of money but guess what, the way I see it people are going to do it regardless atleast if you show the bad along with the good there are some people who will chose to fly in a different location other than a neibourhood just by seeing this video. Im a learn from mine and others mistakes.

navycut81

Thanks. I post my feelings about an egregious RC incident that effects all of us, and you stoop to personal attacks. Take a look at the posters and fanboys on that guys YouTube page. You would fit in well there.:(
Im calling it as I see it gary sorry if you don't like the fact that this world needs less complainers like you

And a personal attack its not anymore personal than you getting involved in something that happened literly thousands of miles away from you!!

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Oh I guess you got a majic DJI fc that wont flyaway because you know what your doing???????? right I didn't realize you can prevent it from flying away. Just a little heads up it can happen to anyone even, you mr perfect
Yeah, I do have a Naza-M FC that I DO NOT trust. I perfectly aware of the fly away history with this controller, but have taken the time and effort to educate myself on the various failure pathways. I never said I was perfect, that was your personal attack. But clearly I am more prudent (and more mature) than either you or the character that posted that video.

I'm done with this flame war, sir.

navycut81

Yeah, I do have a Naza-M FC that I DO NOT trust. I perfectly aware of the fly away history with this controller, but have taken the time and effort to educate myself on the various failure pathways. I never said I was perfect, that was your personal attack. But clearly I am more prudent (and more mature) than either you or the character that posted that video.

I'm done with this flame war, sir.
It was never ment to become a flame war. I posted this video to make people aware of what could go wrong. It never became personal till you made yourself personally involved in this guys situation. Mind your own business, don't get involved in other peoples problems unless you ready to get yourself involved.

Im also done with this conversation