How do I set up my Naza light and DJI 450 to work with my Futaba 7C 2.4ghz

bensid54

I'm mainly looking for setting numbers on my radio and on the computer calibration part. I have it assembled with the exception of the props being put on but once I tried to get the motors working with the USB unplugged all I get is a constant rapid blinking yellow light. What am I doing wrong everything is brand new never been programmed?

Make sure your TX and RX are bonded. In the NAZA software when you move your throttle etc do you see them move corresponding to their assignments?

bensid54

They are bonded and I can watch the sliders move on my laptop when I move the TX toggles. The yellow light flashes all the time when I unplug it from the computer and the motors won't work at all.

Constant yellow flashing light is loss of TX. have you run through the full calibration? Have you tried to power cycle the Naza and the TX after disconnecting from the PC?

bensid54

Haven't tried that yet I'll go over the calibration and try to repower. Thanks I hope I find an easy answer makes me appreciate the Blade QX more each day, that thing is plug and play.

tstrike

pendejo grande
I have no idea what I'm doing and I wish I never bought this thing.

this means you're close. You've set up your 3 way switch for gps/atti/manual? You've gone in and adjusted your transmitter's servo travel so that each switch position on your 3 way puts naza into the proper mode? You might be stuck in failsafe mode and just need to tweek your settings a tad. A little more to these than a blade, it's all part of the man/machine bonding process, be one with the machine...

bensid54

Maybe the first question I should have asked is should I set my Futaba radio for airplane or helicopter? I can't figure out how to do switches in airplane mode but I have no trouble with helicopter settings.

Maybe the first question I should have asked is should I set my Futaba radio for airplane or helicopter? I can't figure out how to do switches in airplane mode but I have no trouble with helicopter settings.
Then maybe use helicopter settings. That's what my Futaba 8FG uses.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with "CCPM"and "H1", so maybe I'm leading you down the wrong path.
But the best way to think of the Naza is as if it were a fly by wire system (which it really is). As such, all you need is someway to get your -100 to +100 inputs into the Naza from your receiver. As such, the airplane or heli setting doesn't help or hinder either way. You do want to ensure that either setting has all linkages or mixing between each channel removed. At least on my Futaba neither the heli nor airplane configs have those mixes defined right off the bat, which is what you want.
One small detail, you'll need 5 channels for the required stuff, and ideally a 6th if you want to use the IOC modes, and a 7th if you want to tweak the gains while in flight.

bensid54

I have seven channels and I understand the settings much better in helicopter mode so for me that's the route to go. Thanks for the tip.

bensid54

I have the gyro channel number 5 using a three position switch on my Futaba TX set to use and my RX channel 5 is plugged into the U port of the Naza controller. What should my gyro settings be? Thanks

I have the gyro channel number 5 using a three position switch on my Futaba TX set to use and my RX channel 5 is plugged into the U port of the Naza controller. What should my gyro settings be? Thanks
Try first just flipping the 3 position switch, and you should see the Flight Mode switch between full left, centered, and full right. Then you know at least that you have the correct switch tied to your Manual/Attitude/GPS control. But you will notice that full left means that the left-most mode does not turn blue, and instead it's in the dead-zone at the way end. Now is where you set the Endpoint (or whatever the term was I mentioned to you was in the manual) such that the value transmitted is less the -100. On my 8FG I think it's set to 78 or something like that which puts it right in the middle of the blue region. Then repeat for the other end. Basically you want to adjust the endpoint such that the switch in the up position will turn one mode blue, then center position another mode turns blue, and down position turns the third mode blue. Hope that makes sense to you.

I set the endpoints such that the slider ends up in the middle of the blue area for the mode. If it reaches the ends, then you will notice the mode won't turn blue anymore. You need each switch position to turn one of the three modes blue.

bensid54

Did that and it worked. Got the motors to spin but lost it after that, I'm going to study the manual tonight and see if I can figure the rest out. I have a Futaba Fasst seven channel RX do you only use the first five even with a GPS antennae?

I have a Futaba Fasst seven channel RX do you only use the first five even with a GPS antennae?
The Naza can use 7 channels. You need at least five for the four primary controls, and the U input for the GPS/ATT mode. You can use a 6th for turning on IOC modes. The 7th is gimbal control or gains control if you want.

ash

I had exactly the same, spent hours watching that damn flashing orange light. I don't have the same radio so can't help with that but the problem is that it is in failsafe mode, when you get the rapid flashing orange. GPS mode is the only mode that will allow you to arm the motors. As someone said, you have to mess around in Naza Lite Assistant until you find the switch that moves the bottom bar on the screen between GPS, Manual and Failsafe. Then when you are unplugged from the computer and happy the TX is binding to the RX (solid LED on the RX in my case), put that switch you've found into the GPS position and you should then get a green flash and several red flashes. When the red flashes go to one or none, it's found lots of satellites. Arm the motors by putting both sticks to the bottom corners, you then have 3 seconds to use the throttle otherwise it will disarm.
I have to say I am absolutely staggered that you can go out spend several hundreds on something and then you're supposed to find out how to use it with a mixture of youtube videos and forum posts. I got next to no help from my suppliers. Please feel free to contact me if you need to.
Andrew

bensid54

I did the copy and paste of what you said above and will print that up too. Being greener than grass at this and only having a seven channel radio what functions should I leave out? How do you leave it out?