MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 How come I don't find anything about multiwiicopter on this fantastic forum?

SolMR

Hello All,

I am new to this forum for a couple of month. And I am completely new to all of this. Don't have any experience with RC flying. But I am thinking of putting together a quad. The most inexperience friendly kit for me would be a SCARAB, Paris form multiwiicopter. Why don't I find any information about them here?

By the way, I like the new upgrade. Brought more structure to this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi SolMR

Welcome to MRF. I guess the multiwii just aint that popular...

I think most start off with the Gaui kits as they are pretty tough and you do get a reliable and well proven FC. This time last year I was trying to fly single rotor helis but they cost me a fortune in spare parts.. then I found MR's and now they cost me a fortune! Its very addictive so you may want to quit before you begin!.. only joking.. I had not flown anything before and after thinking I would soon learn I learnt it aint that easy.. So what do I fly for fun.. a Blade mCX2 it is bomb proof and lets you practice indoors with out taking out light fittings. I would rather use this little copter than a simulator but some like computer games so a sim is fine to practice on I guess..

Anyhow again welcome and please don't hesitate yo chirp up if you need any more help, there is loads of great guys on here more than willing to share their knowledge..

Dave

PS where on the globe are you?

Crash

Defies Psychics
There's a few of us with multiwii based boards. I built one with wii parts way back when. I've since upgraded to a quadrino but haven't flown it in months for various reasons. I am itching to try the latest firmware.

tucker

I've been flying a multiwii Paris board with a Scarab quad X frame for several months and would recommend it to anyone starting with multirotors. It's a very stable set up. I was quite surprised how smooth it flew after tweaking a few settings. Supposedly I have the capability to stabilize a camera mount on nick/roll with the Paris board but I haven't tried that yet. Pretty good system for the money IMO and, yes, I'm surprised as well that there's not much talk about it on this forum.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Tucker,
Why don't we make you the Multiwii forum moderator so you can share the joy of Multiwii?

SolMR

Thank you all for replying.

Hi, Droider I live in the Netherlands, a small country in Europe. Famous for there "coffeeshop", windmills, tulp and a lot more stuff. I was thinking about starting with a simulator. How is flying the Blade mCX2 compare to flying a MR. Do they have things in common?

Tucker, would be nice to see your build report. :tennis: Looking forward to this thread.

The reason I like the SCARAB, is it simplicity. And putting one together will not cost me a leg. Also the suggested gearlist on their site, makes choosing a bit easy.

whiteturbo

Multicopter Junkie
The reason there aint much action in this thread is there are several really good forums for Multiwii, im afraid, good though this forum is it cant compete because its spread to thin and also came rather late to the party

Happy winters Solstice and have a great New Year
Ray

Crash

Defies Psychics
Crash I have read nothing but good about this stuff. Be keen to hear your much valued opinion.

It's a great system for someone getting started or someone who likes getting 'under the hood'. The Arduino programming environment is very easy to use. It's not the most powerful board in the world as it is limited by the Atmel processor.

I like the baro and compass, but then again, I haven't flown it much. I'm going to try to take it out tomorrow and tune it up. Then I'll hack the ESCs to see if there is a difference in stability.

I have a feeling it doesn't compare to a WKM board but I don't follow any closed source copter boards so I really don't know.