How can a quad change programing by itself????

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
F450 quad, NAZA, GPS, 2200 mah 3 cell, 10" props, DX7S radio
My programing hasn't changed since I got the quad in January.
Today, first battery everything normal. OCS, GPS, mode.
Second battery, the quad would drift as if it were in ATT mode, kind of a circular pattern about 10yards circle. It wouldn't stay in a nice hover state. No wind I might add.
I checked the GPS and it was slightly tweeked from a direct forward direction. Repositioned, re-booted and flew with same negative results.
Got home, plugged it into the laptop and OCS changed from OCS to RTH. I re-calibrated and reprogramed the radio to get back to OCS instead of RTH. Gave it a test flight in a confined area and its flying perfectly again.
What could I possibly have done while in flight to get the quad to reprogram itself?

olof

Osprey
The end points on your TX is what defines the highlighted function of the switches.

Make sure you set the TX so that you are in the middle of each option, not right on the edge with your end points. Also test all combinations together with your TX to make sure settings stay solid.

I am just guessing this is an end point problem. I have seen them be a little flaky if you are right on the edge of the setting.

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
Good suggestion but the points are still (on the other functions) pretty much dead center of blue. The slider between RTH and OCS was all the way over to RTH. Not centered but in the blue. I just can't figure out how it managed to go all the way, half way across the screen, from OCS to RTH. I know I didn't make any radio adjustments while flying or between flights.

olof

Osprey
I use Futaba TX/RC so I don't know your specifics. But on the Futabas it is pretty easy to reverse a switch, just a couple clicks. A few times I have inadvertently changed trim on the sticks as well.

I am just saying...

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
New problem since I re-programed to original settings. Now my quad won't really hover in place in GPS mode. It doesn't drift in wind like ATT but it will not stay in a one meter vicinity in a breeze. It seems like it wants to always drift in the same direction. I've checked my GPS placement and its still in original position as to pointing forward. Balance has not changed. Before i could add my small camera off center a bit and still didn't make any difference...it hovered perfectly. It does seem to stay in position in calm but add some wind and it wants to drift and actually seems to want to start circling the area. In calm, I can move it by hand a yard or two away and it zips right back into the original position, just like it should.

kloner

Aerial DP
are you making sure the model is still when it boots up?

have you calibrated the gps properly? no metal on you, away from houses and cars?

when it's in gps mode and it's drifting, what is the led light blinking color and pattern wise?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Have you offset your GPS for magnetic declination? It's not supposed to point straight forward. That would cause your TBE (toilet bowl effect) that you're having.

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
OK, I did have the GPS unit facing directly straight forward. BUT: thats the exact same position is has always been since I started flying it last Jan. After the original programing hickup that I started this thread with I just assumed that the same position was good again. Turns out it isn't. Not its a slight tweek clockwise from dead center. With that placement the quad is now hovering even in a breeze in a locked in position....just like it should.
Thanks for the advice. I'm a good to go hover-er again. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, seems like a Mac wireless keyboard isn't dishwasher friendly....got to talk to the wife about that.