Hoverthings frames

mrob73

Is anyone flying the Hoverthings flip frames. They look really tough and I have been considering one for my next build. I just wanted to get some unbiased feedback.

I've seen a few people build some good fpv frames with them. Quality of the frames seem fine, I would loctite all the bolts just for piece of mind if you bought one.

Jim

Sent by my fingers

Unfaix

Is anyone flying the Hoverthings flip frames. They look really tough and I have been considering one for my next build. I just wanted to get some unbiased feedback.

I have two htfpv frame and a qav500, so this is jutst my opinion but the qav500 just look and feel more bad ***.

Usability wise, its better at reducing jello effect, and the frame doesn't suffered from flexing.

With the htfpv, its lighter, so flight time is extended a minutes of two longer. But, the sap on part is very snug at the beginning, but , after prolong use and due to vibrations or hard landing. You need to tightening the join with super glue or locktite.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Av8Chuck

I've built four HT Frames, three HT420's and one HTFPV, I really like the HT420. The HT420 is very rugged, easy to balance so its really smooth to fly. I didn't think the frame made that much difference but after trying some other frames I've concluded that in my opinion the HT420 is about the best frame I've used.

Here's a video of and from the 420. I shot this with a Sony HX9V, which is notoriously sensitive to vibration and the Sony Nex5N with a CC controller.

https://vimeo.com/45625352

Also, although its been quite a while since I've needed any support for frame related things, Tom from Hoverthings support was excellent, he was very attentive and easy to get in touch with. I have not tried the flip frame but I thought I would share my experiences with the HT420.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I recently finished a FlipFPV build using the APM2.5 for flight control. Also have a pair of TBS Discovery and a QAV500 flying as well. The Flip is a good quality frame and it seems pretty solid so far. The arms are similar in design to the alloy arms on the QAV but they have the ability to flex a bit which the QAV doesn't. The reason that matters is the Flip arms can absorb some amount of force in a crash and then spring back where the Alloy arms on the QAV will easily bend and stay that way, BTDT. As soon as the weather permits I'm planning to get out to the field with all three for a back to back flight comparison, don't know exactly when that will be since we just got hammered with 3 feet of snow. I haven't yet made it back home from a business trip to Las Vegas because of it but I'm at the airport now hoping that I can make it back to Boston today, look for the flight testing in the coming weeks.
IMG_2756a.jpg