Hoverfly Hoverfly pro not connecting after update

I updated everything and now it's having a hard time connecting. Says searching com port 14 and it goes down to 2. It connected once for about 10 seconds and then program became unresponsive. I rebooted, updated the firmware for recognizing the USB . Everything worked perfectly before . I'm going to try updating software on the dell. Wish there was a Mac version for all this I'd huck that dell into the lake.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
yeah, mac support would be icing on the cake! Try plugging in the usb to the computer and wait for it to finish it's calibration sequence. Then try loading the software and connecting. I normally dont have an issue with the hoverfly pro board but I did have this issue with the GPS. It's kinda frustrating but it eventually gets it. I dont know if it makes a difference on what tab you start out on but I always connect starting with the first tab that shows the control sliders. Once that is connected it still needs to reconnect every time you change a tab. I've been trying to get the GPS to work and I was getting a few "cant find board" messages. but of course once I called Hoverfly, the board showed up instantly. Give me a call if you need some help with it.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
Make sure the purple light is flashing. If it's not you didn't flip the switches correctly when flashing. Also make sure you have the latest setup client version (1.5.0.59). If you're still having trouble, you may want to fill out a support ticket.

I updated everything and now it's having a hard time connecting. Says searching com port 14 and it goes down to 2. It connected once for about 10 seconds and then program became unresponsive. I rebooted, updated the firmware for recognizing the USB . Everything worked perfectly before . I'm going to try updating software on the dell. Wish there was a Mac version for all this I'd huck that dell into the lake.

Bluerex

I've been trying to get the GPS to work and I was getting a few "cant find board" messages. but of course once I called Hoverfly, the board showed up instantly. Give me a call if you need some help with it.

I am resigned to looking like a dummy for the next few weeks while I get my head around the HF GPS (and maybe longer of course:))...
So today's dumb question is "which USB port (main board or GPS) should I be using to check GPS operation?" I have a steady blue light on the MediaTek antenna itself, but nothing on the GPS board... Also, the manual (yes I have read it) talks about flashing purple, red, yellow, green and even blue lights on the GPS board, but the led looks black to me.
I performed the compass calibration dance (much to the amusement of the Malamute) but I really don't know if it has worked...

Charles,
Confused in Canberra...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluerex

And just as a closer (for now, I am sure to stuff something else up soon), the culprit was the dip switch position when programming. I had incorrectly assumed that both switches (main board and GPS) faced the same way ie. that position 1 was toward the centre of the board and position 2 was toward the board's edge.... well you know what they say about ***-U-Me-ing... (hmm language filter may clean up the pun - but you get the idea)
My GPS board lights up like a Christmas Tree and I can use the GPS board's USB to check my calibration efforts!!! Total WIN!!

C