Hoverfly Hoverfly Pro Black board ruder problem esc Castle ICE

Caju

Hi to all,
We just moved to Castle Ice lite 50 escs and when we give rudder to any side the motors spin faster and do a climb. We tried with 2 diferent HF Pro and they both do the same so it should be smething with the ESC set up.
Im using the setup recomended by HF the only diference is that they are upgraded to 4.02
Anyhelp will be highly apreciated
Bellow is the equipment and setups

Firmware V 4.6
HoverFly Pro V2 “black” board
HoverFly GPS board
GS407 GPS Module
Tmotors 2814 710
Caslte ice lite 50 firmware 4.02
Homemade dean power distribution
APC slow-fly 14x4.7 props
JR 11gx channel receiver
nanothec 6000 mah 4s
Thanks

Caju

tried to go back to firmware 4.01 on the escs the result were worst all escs speed up stronger going up when give rudder,

Caju

Use a servo tester or your rx throttle channel to see if the esc perform as intended. Reset the settings in the castle link. Next redo the throttle calibration on all esc's.

You can make one of this lead to make it easier to get the calibration spot on.

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/y-lead-rc-servo-esc-learning-curve-1-male-jr-8-females-futaba

Hi thanks for the reply, but rx is working fine tried with other radio an DX8 spektrum same problem, reseted all escs and went back to 4.01 firmware, same thing.
Castle do identify the throtle range but did manually as well. Will try to reset the HF and see what happens...........

I am running a very similar setup on a large quad. I upgraded to 4.02 on the ESCs a few weeks ago and the ship is running really smooth.

Have you tried dropping your throttle trim all the way down as sugested on the HF support page. I had some yaw issues with one of my quads before I did that.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Did you try other escs with those HFP's? I have had 0 issues with my Turnigy Plush esc's. As much as I dont like supporting anything Chinese they are pretty solid. I had 1 bad out of 18 and it was obvious.

I have always built with turnigy plush. 4 ships. They work really well. My newest build is a large quad with CC 50 ice escs. I really like the performance I get from them. And the data logging capabilities. If I could switch all my rigs over I would. It would be really expensive though.

Best of luck.
Cheers
Huck

yeehaanow

How fast are you trying to yaw Caju? I can make it jump a little by giving full rudder, but when I use it smoothly it will not budge.

Using CC ice 50 with 4.01. They have been working great and saw no reason to upgrade.
Only thing I don't like is their size/weight. Considering taking them all out of the cases and fixing them together on one heatsink like the MK bl/ herk. This time of year they are literally COLD after an 8 min flight.

Caju

Hi to all after 2 nights without sleep manage to solve the problem 1 bad welded wire leg on one board and 2 wires (servo leads) that from one day to the other was not sending info correct. The wierd thing is that on a multimeter it shows ok.
Look like it is all fine does anyone upgraded to 4.06 r2?
Thanks to all
And a BIG THANKS TO HOVERFLY THAT GOT MY TICKET RIGHT AWAY AND TRIED ON THEIR SIDE WHAT WAS POSSIBLE.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
v4.6 r2 is exactly v4.6 with one change. It fixes a display issue with the artificial horizon while connected to the setup client. Updating presents just about no risk, if you're confident you can flash your HoverflyPro/GPS without a problem.

Hi to all after 2 nights without sleep manage to solve the problem 1 bad welded wire leg on one board and 2 wires (servo leads) that from one day to the other was not sending info correct. The wierd thing is that on a multimeter it shows ok.
Look like it is all fine does anyone upgraded to 4.06 r2?
Thanks to all
And a BIG THANKS TO HOVERFLY THAT GOT MY TICKET RIGHT AWAY AND TRIED ON THEIR SIDE WHAT WAS POSSIBLE.

Caju

We managed to work and get our clients happy but we do filming over water for fast catamaran and we need to be hard in the rudder we are filming @ 35 km winds
Could manage, but I and probably others would love to be able to use rudder and have the proper response as a dedicated fc for images I would expect a proper answer when I give more rudder
But do love my hf and you will see what's is capable when you watch extreme sailing open 40

yeehaanow

After having really good success, I would suggest trying the graupner 14x8. Even though they are higher pitch, they seem to draw the same or less amps. Flying in wind was night and day between the APC's.