Hoverfly Hoverfly Gimbal Controller?

PaNt

Here is a video of my pan acting up this evening. I never touched the transmitter while it was doing this, speed and direction changes it was doing on its own.

http://youtu.be/HSXIZrMHqCw?hd=1

Here is a video showing some of my footage with the gimbal with pan disabled, and a velcro strap from one boom of the multi to the gimbal(to keep it from spinning because the servo has no holding power while in slew mode(not being controlled, just has power basically) Since this video I have taken my gimbal off of my multi(as seen above) to rebalance it and install my downlink etc. Very little post added to a few of the shots, the rest are raw.

http://youtu.be/6K04Lcg_caU?hd=1

OOO great Video..>! N1...! N1 HF...! I think they will have the best gimbal stab in a while..! (only some fixes left ) I think of selling my picloc for a hfgimbal :)

Hey twister do you send the HF gimbal for the TPs :) :)

haha, I may be selling my HF gimbal board and picking up the free fly radian. Just very frustrating dealing with the pan issue.

Photronix

Pilot
The Pan compensation is working based on the magnetometer. You can expect good results with any magnetic sources, such as your computer, nearby.

The Pan compensation is working based on the magnetometer. You can expect good results with any magnetic sources, such as your computer, nearby.

is this supposed to say bad results? or good results withOUT any magnetic sources? Im thinking it is :) I have a buddy here who can video how mine works in flight right now and I will post it up after.

Hi Al,
do you plan for the pan to be stabilised by Gyro too? It is incredibly slow to react and has over 30 degrees of drift with the mag alone.

Also, there seems to be no user control when in Pan stabilised mode. Is this correct or have I missed a step.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Al,
do you plan for the pan to be stabilised by Gyro too? It is incredibly slow to react and has over 30 degrees of drift with the mag alone.

Also, there seems to be no user control when in Pan stabilised mode. Is this correct or have I missed a step.

Thanks

Matt

The way i understand it you are supposed to be able to move the aileron/pan stick and then when you return it to center the pan should stop and hold position there...it does not work like this. Uploading video to youtube now. Mine started freaking out again mid flight.

You can see towards the end it starts freaking out while doing a continuous circle. It also would drift a little bit while panning in the beginning. Easiest way to know what stick inputs I was giving is that when the multi is turning, I had the gimbal board in auto compensate mode. When the gimbal is turning and multi is still that is when i would have my buddy control the gimbal with auto compensate turned off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ayRhemdSfE&hd=1

Hi,

I'm still having trouble with the new HFG on an AV200. Software version 1.03, Hardware 1.0

The Roll is very slow and the roll gains do not actually change the speed of the roll. The other roll settings work.

The tilt is working fine and works as expected with all the software functions.

The pan is just not working right and seems to be magnetometer only functionality which will never work for Pro AP.

Could someone help me:
1) get the roll working at expected levels
2) Let me know if gyro will ever be incorporated into Pan Stabilisation?

I'll cross post this with RCG.

Thanks

Matt

Hi,

I'm still having trouble with the new HFG on an AV200. Software version 1.03, Hardware 1.0

The Roll is very slow and the roll gains do not actually change the speed of the roll. The other roll settings work.

The pan is just not working right and seems to be magnetometer only functionality which will never work for Pro AP.

Could someone help me:

Thanks

Matt

What are your roll settings at. Scaling factor and acceleration gain

Photronix

Pilot
You will probably need to adjust the Set Ranges on the Receiver Configuration. You can set a maximum deflection rate.

Dan is about to release a new version of FW with enhanced Pan stabilization. I will let him comment on it.

Hi,

Could someone help me:

Thanks

Matt

You will probably need to adjust the Set Ranges on the Receiver Configuration. You can set a maximum deflection rate.

Dan is about to release a new version of FW with enhanced Pan stabilization. I will let him comment on it.

Should be less susceptible to compass interference from when we last talked. I must say although sometimes it would be a few days and at one point a few weeks of not hearing from hoverfly, there customer service is great. Dan has worked with me making certain settings available to try and solve issues with cinestar gimbal and I do believe he will get it figured out. Pitch and roll works good, I'm sure pan will to.

That's great but is HFG considered a universal stablization solution? Not sure how well that will work if pan is stabilized by a magnetometer only. It seems to me that there are quite a few opportunities for a mag to be affected by outside influences...individual setups or influences from indoor flight. Idk..am I wrong?

That's great but is HFG considered a universal stablization solution? Not sure how well that will work if pan is stabilized by a magnetometer only. It seems to me that there are quite a few opportunities for a mag to be affected by outside influences...individual setups or influences from indoor flight. Idk..am I wrong?

It's definitely not ideal

Photronix

Pilot
Guys gyro only will be out in a few days. We should have released this first but everyone was asking for Magnetic hold. The Skyline nor the Radian will be able to do Magnetic hold BTW.

I think mag and gyro in one unit would be amazing...both working together to read position and cancel out drift or other disturbances with the option via software to disable one or the other:)