Hot EScs where's my weak link?

Hi All

I've been out flying and i'm noticing my ESCs getting pretty hot and i'm not doing anything aggressive just tuning testing balancing. I'm not sure if my ESC or motors are too small for my Fram/gimbal. Motors don't get hot just ESCs and wiring harness.

My rig is
Vulcan 900mm X8 skyhook frame
3 Axis Cinestar gimbal. with 2200mah lipo
Torxpower 3536 motors
DJI 30A esc.
2 x 5000mah 4S Lipos in Parallel
Wookong M FC

My AUW with no camera is 5490 Grams. I've only been using gopro 3 on it recently while testing.

Any idea what i need to upgrade? Do i need bigger motors and ESC or maybe just bigger ESC?

Cheers

Olli

kloner

Aerial DP
I'd go no smaller than 40 amps but on 4s i'd be on the safer side and use 60 amp. the maytag are pretty nice, work well with wk. it's one thing if your just hovering, or if your comftorable hovering in wind, or if you fly wind or if you fly hard. You get all the power going into a few motors and things change quick compared to spreading the load across 8 motors/esc's hovering in no wind. that setup your flying could be getting into 200 amp + draws total in my hands. kinda depends what you do with it.

a rig like this would love 4114 on 6s kinda power,,,,, longer flights and lower draws

I'd go no smaller than 40 amps but on 4s i'd be on the safer side and use 60 amp. the maytag are pretty nice, work well with wk. it's one thing if your just hovering, or if your comftorable hovering in wind, or if you fly wind or if you fly hard. You get all the power going into a few motors and things change quick compared to spreading the load across 8 motors/esc's hovering in no wind. that setup your flying could be getting into 200 amp + draws total in my hands. kinda depends what you do with it.

a rig like this would love 4114 on 6s kinda power,,,,, longer flights and lower draws

Thank you i'll might go for the maytech 60a ESC, Who make the 4114? are they ESC or motors?

kloner

Aerial DP
motor, like this. the 4012 or 4014 depending how baller you are would be a money setup for a dslr or smaller kinda rig. it is similar to whats on s800

Is there any problem with going for big ESCs than I need? Like 60A so I don't need to upgrade again? Also finding it hard to find the 4014 motors in UK

kloner

Aerial DP
they are new from tiger, but there coming around. i run 60+ amp esc in my rigs 800mm and up. It melts the motor before the esc browns out.

kloner

Aerial DP
you would rather have all opto esc's for your application... if looking at maytag look at harrier v.1 opto

kloner

Aerial DP
that's them. there big enough, some guys get the 45's but once you bump up to 6s the amp draw gets cut and your rig gets even happier.