Hollywood aerial rig

Kilby

A co-worker at the ad agency I work at sent me this photo today. It was sent to him by a friend that is also in the ad industry out in LA. There were supposed to be using it for some kind of car commercial I think. Pretty crazy set of batteries on there!

269960_1943029375272_1228590205_32037587_384726_n.jpg

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
wheel on the zoom ring is pretty cool. i'll check it out when the kids are sleeping later tonight.
over and out.
bart

Emowillcox

WOW is that the rig they are going to use to get footage at your wedding Kilby? That is a super impressive rig and wouldn't surprise me if they have over 20 k in that rig... my buddy up in Dallas at Hawkeye media uses a big helicopter to get video and photos and he told me he has over 25 k in his and I don't think it is as nice as the one in the photo above.
2 out of the 4 6cell packs probably cost as much as my rig. Really impressive camera mount.

Kilby

Yeah, pretty crazy. I'm going to try and get some more info about this next week when I go back to work.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I like the vibration dampening system that attaches the "helicopter" to the camera rig, pretty heavy duty and probably really efficient. Anyone notice the computer cooling fan hiding behind that outrageously large motor that powers the main rotor? I bet that thing throws off some serious heat keeping all of that gear in the air!

Ken

ZAxis

looks like a serious bit of kit. looks like a simelar mount used on this I found.
bit of a different league to the multi rotors but i'm sure they have limitations due to size and do pose a serious drawback in some situations. long live the multi!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cabe

In case you weren't aware Bart (probably are) that wheel is more likely a "follow focus" rather than a zoom.

Emowillcox

Also looks like they got a pretty good size monitor with antenna mounted on a tripod in the background for the camera man to use.

Bartman

it's been said here that underslung camera mounts are too flawed to work. I guess this company wouldn't agree with that.

MICROFOE

It is the mass of the heli, not the operator that counts. :)

If the FAA is saying that you can not use uva's for commercial use, would these type of businesses be out of business?

Bartman

The faa seems to saying fpv beyond visual range
and without a spotter is a problem

DennyR

With conventional heli underslung is the only way possible with that weight. Pendulum effect is always there. For absolute efficiency a slight reverse pendulum is better.