Hoverfly HFPro, Failsafe?

CX4

We don't use AL, AH, PH, or RTH either. HFP flies so well there really is no need for any of them. We only have the GPS board to use as a failsafe. If our radio link drops I want my bird flying home.

CX4 - Get your bird flying well first. Get your flight gain set right, get your AL gain set right and your AH gain set right. We use Hitec radios so I can't comment on how to setup your Spectrum Fail safe but I'm sure that you can look that up in the manual or online. Basically you will set your RX to goto whatever failsafe settings you want. Some people prefer AL on and throttle just below hover. I prefer AH on and RTH on.

OK JZ.
I will set the switchs to AH and RTH while binding.
I hope I never have to find out if it works.
Thanks.

Bowley

Did you try changing the altitude at least 4 - 6 feet when doing the test. It takes quite a change in position to register in the setup client.

Thanks JZ, That worked, and confirmed with indication on the setup 'general' page. and took it upstairs with a monitor to read the OSD altitude reading.
So this is good, my baro works, try the foam thing next and play with gains.

Bowley

When you check the Altitude slider in setup 'General' page does it display a smooth, real time representation as you raise and lower the HFP, or is it a little jumpy with a slight delay in response?

PaNt

Am I right in saying HFP has no native failsafe function when used without HF GPS, ie Autoland?
So failsafe has to be set on the Rx with the only way to activate being to switch off the Tx.

Another question: My Altitude hold function has got scary again,.. massive range of altitude and fast ascend / descend. how do I tame this down, increase or decrease Alt hold gain? not sure if over correcting or undercorrecting!
For good AH downgrade to 4,3802

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Make sure you have a cover over the board that blocks out light and a piece of foam over the baro. I get good results with the latest firmware.