Hoverfly HFP ready frames?

Apart from Droidworkx (can't afford) and X468 (found to be flimsy, cramped and poor gimbal) what other frames are out there that will take the HFP/GPS stock?

Y6/X8 preferred.

Ta

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Ta,

I'm hoping to have my XY8 frame ready sometime soon. It's been a long time in development and I'm now doing the final drawings and working with a shop to cut everything.

What do you have in mind for an application?

The XY8 is a coaxial quad-copter with wide spacing of the front and rear arms. It flies as any other multi-rotor does and has been demonstrated to do fine with Mikrokopter, DJI WKM, and Hoverfly PRO flight control systems. The latest revision will be for the Hoverfly PRO package including an external GPS/magnetometer mount.

Price and delivery date to be announced.

Bart

Bowley

VulcanUAV frames will take the HFP with no drilling required, the existing multitude of predrilled mounting makes it very versatile, incidentally I also fitted the Cinestar 2x gimbal mounting frame straight on the bottom plate, not on the specific AV mountings but the rubber standoff type. In both cases its not an exact match but a fraction off, a difference which the AV mounts accomodate comfortably. You can also build these in whatever configuration you choose. from flat octo to Y6

Last edited by a moderator:

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
I can't say I've found a good ready made frame for X-8 either. At least not for the size we needed. If someone comes out with one that is sturdy I would like to know as we are in the process of getting approval for another X-8. While we did enjoy fabricating one from scratch, I would like to not have to mess with that in the future.

Stacky

In about 2 months I will be able to let you guys see a frame that a local guy here has come up with. Its CF and can do all configurations except Octo at this point. As this is his first frame design he steered clear of being able to accomodate all frame configurations but if this works well Im sure he will progress the design to handle Octo. Naresh has tried to make the frame as simple, clean and functional as possible and has tried to incorporate specific places for esc's. Its similar to a Cinestar but with a simple and effective anti vibration setup for camera gimbals that is different to the very nice cinestar design . Also Naresh (lives across the park from me) has made a very similar cinestar style gimbal to go with it. The frame has HFP mounting holes on the frame plates as standard.
I dont have any photos yet as Naresh is in the US on business and once he gets back we will set about building the first frame and testing. Sorry but no idea on price yet but it will be less than Droidworx or Cinestar.

I can't say I've found a good ready made frame for X-8 either. At least not for the size we needed. If someone comes out with one that is sturdy I would like to know as we are in the process of getting approval for another X-8. While we did enjoy fabricating one from scratch, I would like to not have to mess with that in the future.

Great info and options guys thanks. Also just noticed that DW have a 'budget' range now, closer to realistic money but not quite. For hobbyish use anyway.

Rustys frames have also been suggested elsewhere, another good option.

Got my eye on a TwoDee V2 gimbal too, seems good value considering belt reduction. Not perfect from the feedback but again, for the money it's the best option I can find.

Any other 'medium quality', 550D carrying gimbals make a better option? Obviously I'll need to mate the gimbal to mate with the frame so I've gotta keep that in mind.

Wayne :)

(BTW, Ta in the UK is short for thanks)