Hoverfly HFP gimble setup

kloner

Aerial DP
Never setup a gimble so bear with my ignorance. The manual is really vague unless i missed something. I've got the greenboard hfp running the 4.6.0.2 firmware. the gimble is a tilt only AV100 bone stock with the savox servo. Got it really close but i don't understand whats doing what. What exactly does calibration, advance, travel do? is there a generic setup for a tilt setting like for av130? is it like a normal gain thing where there all different? Any tricks to set it up? or old threads that cover it? searched and glanced through all 9 pages here and didn't see anything

kloner

Aerial DP
in setting this up, no matter what i do with acceleration the thing is jumpy. what does that, gimble? servo? balance? this recording is acceleration 0

honestly, never owning this kinda thing i have no idea if this is what i bought or if it can be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
So i went to the PH site and read about how to put a camera on and wouldn't ya know, cleared right up. Had the cam back about an inch too far. Had no idea,,,,,,, maiden is soon, packs are charged,,,,, swapped out the 5a for a nice new 5n. hope it comes back

kloner

Aerial DP
dang, i swapped out the 16mm lens for the kit lens and it shows the gains alot better. i was suprised how far it was all off. turned on the ios and took it for another spin, check that out. Now that was easy....... I tried making a naza do this for months and never did. Few days on this and i'm ready to "check it out" High speed long range fpv to come soon. Got an appointment with Daves Beach Monday

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
it's the lens that comes in the kits when you buy a lens, body complete. think it's 18-55mm and has ios

Stacky

George,
hopefully you will see this. I have a couple of questions please. One Im sure you have answered before but I have forgotten the answer.
With respect to the Roll Advance Speed, what is it exactly that this is doing. If I use a lot of this I notice i get some "swingback" after a movement is corrected. Is there any rule of thumb for knowing when I have this correct?
Also I am messing with a new gimbal. Its the Rusty kit Gimbal that has a thread on rcgroups. Its essentially using the same style of gimbal setup as the Cinestar Gimbal. Im using Savox 1251mg servos but what i am noticing is I am having to use all of the slider to get the level calibrated. Im using 250 and could possibly go further. Is this because of my gearing?
Thanks

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
The advance setting basically makes your gimbal move faster. Too little and your gimbal won't keep up. Too much and you'll get overshoot which is what you describe as "swing back".

For the calibration setting, too much gearing could definitely cause you to use a very high value. You may be able to manually type in a higher value if you need it.