Mikrokopter HEXA AND POWER LINES..(Awesome Vid)

moslow

Hello all, Been under the weather for a bit but gettin better. Hope everyone here is well and flying high. This was the most intense short flight ever for me. Wanted to show cousin and nephews the hexa xl in flight,was a bit windy (10 to 15 mph with some gusts) Took it up about 50' and out about 100' and let off stick with POI on and when it came home it overshot with a good gust behind it and I made fatel mistake of turning around to follow it and cause i knew power lines were across street and with everyone yelling out Go up turn left turn right and gps going nuts when it got close to lines, well the picts. and vid. shows what happens. Amazing all the electronics are fine except 1 bl's so only a couple hundred for parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv9EMV3rm1A

Attachments

• 100_3468 (Copy).jpg
    100_3468 (Copy).jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 100_3469 (Copy).jpg
    100_3469 (Copy).jpg
    154 KB · Views: 385

J.T.

Spiralling out of control
Bloody hell, if the electronics survived that and she fly's again you will have to call her the phoenix.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Well, on one hand Mr. Moslow I'm happy to hear you're still at it and enjoying yourself! On the other hand, I'm sorry to see you've hand a tangle with a power line. What a surprise it must have been but what an even greater surprise to see the electronics still work!
Good luck with the rebuild. There seems to be a lot of rebuilding going on lately.
Bart

moslow

Big boom

Well, on one hand Mr. Moslow I'm happy to hear you're still at it and enjoying yourself! On the other hand, I'm sorry to see you've hand a tangle with a power line. What a surprise it must have been but what an even greater surprise to see the electronics still work!
Good luck with the rebuild. There seems to be a lot of rebuilding going on lately.
Bart

Yes Bart it shot a lightning bolt a couple hundred feet down the line and a boom that beat out anything on the 4th of july. Knocked the power out for about 5 miniutes to a pile of people. Wish the gopro would have recorded the flashboom but it glitched for those couple seconds. Not even a scratch on it. 3 booms and center plates will be here tomorrow along with new lower end that i was having built before this happened.
But yes very lucky..Thank you. Belt driven camera servos. Extra smooth they say. I bought a cannon T3i for it but i'm going to build an octo xl starting in about 2 weeks it carried it alright but could for sure feel and hear her grunting..lol

Attachments

• kermit1.jpg
    kermit1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 337
  • kermit2.jpg
    kermit2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 354
Last edited by a moderator:

Emowillcox

Wow sorry to see this happened, but glad to see it wasn't worse for you. Good thing that didn't happen in Texas probably would have caught our whole state on fire with this dry year we are having here. Gotta luv the go pro! Once one of my control line models got cut away at a competition and the lines hit the power lines. The end result wasn't pretty caused about $40k in damage. I knocked out the power to a mall in Louisiana and started a small fire in the parking lot of a burger place. The big bursts were amazing the power lines finally broke and fell on top of a highway that had to be shut down due to the live wires.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Flamin Harold... geez Moslow I feel for you buddy.. cant believe the electronics aint fried.. Good luck with your rebuild and nice to here from you even though it aint the best news!

Dave

moslow

Thanks Dave and emo...Very lucky i do feel....emo you did a little bit mo than me... jess1111 ya i thought it landed on a dog or a cat..looked like a bad hair day....J.T. you got it...The phoenix it is...lol Thanks guys ....No Moflame

Emowillcox

Moslow glad to hear you still have a positive attitude after this situation. I think once its all said and done you deserve a new user name like Sparky, SparkyM, Flameball or something. :) Don’t worry we have all been there and done that! Hope your rebuild goes smooth and you keep with your motivation. My saying for a while is “If your not crashing then your not trying!"

Emowillcox

Moslow glad to hear you still have a positive attitude after this situation. I think once its all said and done you deserve a new user name like Sparky, SparkyM, Flameball or something. :) Don’t worry we have all been there and done that! Hope your rebuild goes smooth and you keep with your motivation. My saying for a while is “If your not crashing then your not trying!"

Pip

BIG bada boom!

I like the way you rush to collect the remains and make a run for it before being caught ;)

moslow

Actually that was my brother inlaw and nephew and they were hurrying to put out the fire and get it out of the roadway before someone ran it over and finished her off... We hung out for another 10 or 15 min. Then got the heck out of there. Electric company showed up a bit after that and checked things out, I didn't know my ziggy cap was left there and they snagged it before i went to retreive it. And NO i didn't go to the office to ask them for it back..LOL

BIG bada boom!

I like the way you rush to collect the remains and make a run for it before being caught ;)