Hex copter set-up question

mspaterick

I am building a hex copter from hobby king with the following components:
Multiwii Pro Flight control w/MTK GPS
Afro 20a ESC (Simon K)
NTM 28-36 motor
Futaba 8 ch radio
Power distribution board

My first question is how do I calibrate the ESC? Do I have to calibrate them seperetly? or can I hook all the wires to the Flight control board and do all of them at once?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You need to calibrate the ESCs throttle response by connecting the ESCs to the throttle output of your receiver. You can do them together or separately. I did mine together - and from the limited testing I've done - they seem right (and the beep codes seem happy). :) To do them together you need a cable like THIS.

If you haven't purchased already, You might want to do some research about the multiwii boards available there too. I bought mine there (MEGA Pro ez3.0) and the preloaded software, as well as the addition of supposedly superior components have left people quite happy - and the stuff is pretty cheap. So far my experience has been pretty painless.

Good do luck with the build and keep us updated.

mspaterick

thanks stacky I calibrated them one at a time but I had to reverse the direction of the throttle. I did it starting with the throttle at high position and at the low position and had to reverse the direction on the radio in both cases.